• [6.12.4/5/6] Major GUI delays after upgrade (specially dashboard, docker and apps tab)

unCoreX
    • Solved Urgent

Hi, after upgrading from 6.12.3 to 6.12.4 my Webui has been very slow. Special on docker tab and dashboard.

Takes almost 12 sec before the page is visible. I can see my CPU are wokring MUCH more when i try to open DOCKER tab or the Dashboard.
    Never seen a behaver like this before. I tried to stop Array, but Dashboard is still slow 12 seconds to open it, normally it tooks 2 seconds.
    Tried to remove some plugins, but still the same

EDIT 1:
    After removing more plugins and multiple reboots. The issue is till there.

EDIT 2: I decide to revert back to 6.12.3. And guess what, it working normally again, fast like it always was :)
    So can someone please explain me why I had this kind of issue with 6.12.4 ?

EDIT 3: Tested v.6.12.5 RC 1 and the latest version released yesterday, v.6.12.5. It's still the same.
    Adding the diagnostics from my backup server (Galactica)

• Like 1
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update 2:

I did a clean install of 6.12.4 and just copied my plus.key and network.cfg from my backup.

The GUI felt much faster, but not so fast as 6.12.3.

After I did some changing in the network settings:

Disable bridging, using bonding since I have multiple interfaces (eth0 and eth1)

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bonding = Yes

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bridging = No

Edit VM Manager to use vhost0.

Docker settings, nSettings > Docker > Host access to custom networks = Enabled

Saved the settings, and back to slow gui again. Take much longer - around 15 seconds to open the Dashboard

So I go back to 6.12.3. That one was working great. With Bridging enable and use of br0.

Never seen any call traces because of this. 

Update 1:

I tried again today to upgrade to 6.12.4. Sorry to say, same problem again. 

Takes 7 - 11 seconds to open the Dashboard. Can't see anything in the: htop at that time.
    Only did an inspection in the browser.
    This time I disable autostart of Docker and VM.

Only the array was started.

I don't see any special errors in the syslog either.

image.png.64497cc22499a585a71a75216a85b2ed.png

Update 3:

Revert back to 6.12.3. Here is the dashboard.

image.png.d311a7cc2b7df487fcd33606a20d2876.png

Edited by CiscoCoreX
    12 hours ago, CiscoCoreX said:

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bonding = Yes

Ah, did these changes as well on 6.12.4 and have to wait approx. 10 sec most of the time - but not always. Sometimes even Login window needs 10 sec before it appears.

On 9/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, JorgeB said:

If you have the Connect plugin installed try without, there's currently a known issue. 

Thanks, I'm definitely going to try this out later :)

Edited by CiscoCoreX

Interestingly this morning started to have the same issue on 6.12.3, I tried removing the Connect plugin with no luck still had issue, and did some looking around and saw the section which seemed to be loading was the unassigned devices section, so I uninstalled the unassigned devices plugin and the gui stopped having the issue instantly, so will try to upgrade to 6.12.4 without the plug and see if that is still working fine before reinstalling the plugin. I don't have any unassigned devices at the moment so not really an issue just now.

Edited by Kiwiconcord

Thanks for this thread.. I had been updated to 6.12.4 already while ago, when it was released. No problems in a month, couple of days ago entire system went unresponsive, not even ssh responded. Had to do hard reset (shut down power from smart plug). After that docker did not start, and it's settings were reseted to "default" size 20Gb image (I have 100Gb). After got that fixed a while ok, now the system was really slow (on webGUI) every page load took seconds to tens of seconds, including login screen, tried reboot from ssh, no help. 

Then first tried to uninstall those Connect and all unassigned plugins.. no help. Rolled back, and bam, everything works fine now (just reinstalled connect and unassigned plugins, lets see what happens in upcoming days).

Edited by ByteHeaven

So to confirm, straight upgrade to 6.12.4 had major GUI delays, so restored 6.12.3 great for about 2 weeks then same problem started to occur in 6.12.3, I uninstalled connect and no help, so reinstalled. Then I uninstalled all 3 unassigned devices plugins, and GUI issue gone straight away. So then upgraded to 6.12.4, No GUI issue, for a few days so installed unassigned devices plugins (3) now, noticed a little delay in loading the main tab for the first time each browser restart but only 1-2 seconds, and after it is loaded the first time revisits are instant, all other tabs working as before, fast. So will update if anything changes. 

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Any news around this issue?
    I just tested to upgrade my unraid backup server. Same problem, almost 20 sec to access the dashboard tab.

Here is my test server:
    unRaid Basic: HP ProLiant ML350p G8 | 128GB DDR3 ECC | 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2697v2
    No plugins or containers are installed on this server.

I have removed all, well the only plugin I have installed now is "Community Applications"

image.thumb.png.91192471301fc7397b205db74734e8a8.png

Edited by CiscoCoreX
    1 hour ago, CiscoCoreX said:

I just tested v.6.12.5 RC 1. Still same problem with my test server. :(

Have you tested in safe mode to see if a plugin is causing the slow down?

7 hours ago, SimonF said:

Have you tested in safe mode to see if a plugin is causing the slow down?

Hi,

It's the same in Safe Mode :(

490886472_Screenshot2023-11-22063755.thumb.jpg.6a36593f0d2951ea27cb0f408dd0ab9c.jpg

image.thumb.png.e15c959f827dd4cb465e2885e92f4da5.png

image.thumb.png.7da1b597ee58e2e105961f78590fdf27.png

Edited by CiscoCoreX

Try the following:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies history

2. Use a different browser to test

3. Use a different PC to test

On 9/11/2023 at 8:45 PM, CiscoCoreX said:

These two are the problem. This workaround was recommended in 6.12.x for users experiencing "MACVLAN" crashes. You don't need them if you are a.) on IPVLAN or b.) didn't experience MACVLAN crashes or c.) you are no user of routers like Fritzbox in Europe.

1 hour ago, hawihoney said:

These two are the problem. This workaround was recommended in 6.12.x for users experiencing "MACVLAN" crashes. You don't need them if you are a.) on IPVLAN or b.) didn't experience MACVLAN crashes or c.) you are no user of routers like Fritzbox in Europe.

Hi,

My backup unraid server is a clean install with everything default. And i'm using pfsense firewall.
    And I also have played around with:

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bridging = NO/YES

Docker settings, nSettings > Docker > Host access to custom networks = Enabled/Disable

On my primary server running v.6.12.3 never had MACVLAN crashes. Tested to upgrade to 6.12.4. Then this problem start.
    That's why I'm testing my backup server instead, and have the same problem. Two very different hardware here.

From my Primary unRaid Server: (6.12.3)
    image.png.91896008350592758ec06c5d2f58127f.png 

image.png.74daa0e5dc3e5285740cd71f12965955.png

Edited by CiscoCoreX
    5 hours ago, bonienl said:

Try the following:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies history

2. Use a different browser to test

3. Use a different PC to test

Hi,

1.  Done that couple of times

2. Tested with: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, LibreWolf and Brave.

3. Tested from 3 different computers also.

49 minutes ago, CiscoCoreX said:

Two very different hardware here.

Just try with these two settings reversed and MACVLAN. Worst that can happen is a crash within 24 hours. That would mean you are affected by MACVLAN crashes. AFAIK this is a docker problem. I am through with this and have to live with 10-15 sec delay currently.

On 11/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, hawihoney said:

Just try with these two settings reversed and MACVLAN. Worst that can happen is a crash within 24 hours. That would mean you are affected by MACVLAN crashes. AFAIK this is a docker problem. I am through with this and have to live with 10-15 sec delay currently.

Hi,

I did reversed the settings as you mentioned, still the same.
    I have two very different systems, and the same problems on both with v.6.12.4 and 6.12.5 RC1

Primary Server:

unRaid Plus: ASUS PRIME B560M-K | 64GB DDR4 | Intel Core i9-10900 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 DUAL MINI

Backup Server:

On 11/25/2023 at 12:26 PM, CiscoCoreX said:

Hi,

I did reversed the settings as you mentioned, still the same.
    I have two very different systems, and the same problems on both with v.6.12.4 and 6.12.5 RC1

Primary Server:

unRaid Plus: ASUS PRIME B560M-K | 64GB DDR4 | Intel Core i9-10900 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 DUAL MINI

Backup Server:

EDIT:

In the syslog I see this message, never seen it before on version 6.12.3.
    This message appear only when I go to the Dashboard tab, the one that's take almost 20 seconds to open.
    My backup server:

image.png.f3545028d13da5964fdfe8c643b2e3f0.png

I also like to add a short recording of how slow unraid is when I go to APPS tab.

Desktop 26-11-2023 21-36-02.zip

Edited by CiscoCoreX