• [unraid.net website] Wrong array setup in screenshot

sandera
    • Solved Annoyance

The second image on the homepage of https://unraid.net shows a "random" screenshot of the unraid dashboard and disk setup, but it looks like the drive capacities have been messed with manually for the screenshot and the array setup makes no sense any more. Parity drive is shown as 8TB when there are two 12TB also in the array - parity should be at least as large as the largest disk, right? Also the 2nd disk description says 4TB but the size columns shows 12TB.

The intention was probably to show that you can mix & match different drives but it could at least be a valid setup.

img_simplifySelfHosting_2024-05-31-180458_frjz_8ed6612e966fc2bc128419cae7c04a1e.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would love the backstory on how this was done. Either the editing is practically perfect, in which case knowing why the edit was done would be interesting, or even stranger, somehow the array was actually running that way.

That’s really weird as I don’t recall any editting being done to the image. Was this a weird set up of yours @ljm42? 😛 

I’ll get a correctly configured array image up to replace and circle back here when complete. 

5 hours ago, JonathanM said:

I would love the backstory on how this was done. Either the editing is practically perfect, in which case knowing why the edit was done would be interesting, or even stranger, somehow the array was actually running that way.

It's easy to go into dev tools and paste another string in place of an identifier, wouldn't be noticeable in the rendering

27 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

It's easy to go into dev tools and paste another string in place of an identifier, wouldn't be noticeable in the rendering

That makes much more sense. Still wondering why the extra work though.

5 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

That makes much more sense. Still wondering why the extra work though.

I'm guessing it was a 4x12TB array but since it sits next to this text on the website it was edited a bit to show mismatching drives:

Say goodbye to a closet full of mismatched drives—and hello to the most flexible operating system for network-attached storage you’ll ever use. Unraid OS lets you use what you have to build what you want. 

Impressive catch!

19 hours ago, sandera said:

I'm guessing it was a 4x12TB array but since it sits next to this text on the website it was edited a bit to show mismatching drives:

You called it :) 

Originally the image was zoomed in more, I remember being happy that more of the right side of the window was cut off so you couldn't see the size and free/used space which meant we didn't have to edit that part of the image.  Apparently the zoom level was changed and I didn't notice during reviews 🙃  But the parity being too small, I should have caught that one

image.png.119674c1d81519f1bd73ed8286d48fc6.png

LOL at an ST8000 with 12TB capacity🤣

and the ST12000 with 4TB capacity

Nothing wrong with a little bit of creative license.😁

• Haha 1

If we are looking for discrepancies, we also have two drives with the same P/N and S/N. (yes, the same 8TB that pretends to be a 12TB to occupy the Parity slot :D )

And disk3 is a 12TB drive that is somehow recognized as 4TB.