Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

14 Good

About -Daedalus

  • Rank
    Advanced Member


  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I'm currently playing around with HA clusters. I also have some VMs set up for game servers that haven't been used in a month or more. End result is I have a bunch of VMs that don't get touched too often, and remain offline. How about the ability to move a VM's VDs to array (some new share, or user0/Domains, don't know if that would cause conflicts/issues under the hood) storage? The VM would show as offline on the Dashboard, with an indicator of some sort to say its VDs are no longer on the cache. On startup, if there is enough space on the cache, the VD is moved back to cache, then the VM started. If not enough space, a warning is presented, and the user is asked if they wish to start it anyway. This way users get more space for regular share transfers to be accelerated (my 1TB pool has about 150GB of seldom-used VDs that could be reclaimed). Automation of this process (if VM isn't powered on for 'x' days, archive) would be cool, but I'd be perfectly happy with a manual 'Archive' button on the Dashboard/VM Manager.
  2. -Daedalus

    Use Cookie for Font Size

    +1 from me.
  3. Hi all, Would be lovely to have settings to configure access to shares on an individual user's page as well. Depending on the user-case, it's easier to configure things on a per-share basis, or a per-user basis. Would be nice to have the option, see wonderfully artistic rendering below:
  4. -Daedalus

    [REQ] Cache value on Shares tab

    I was just thinking of this the other day! Would be very handy to have alright. +1
  5. -Daedalus

    Add option for remote syslog in WebGUI

    Agreed. Thanks very much for this one bonienl. Much appreciated.
  6. -Daedalus

    Add option for remote syslog in WebGUI

    +1 from me. How many people have we had reporting lock-ups, restarts, crashes, etc. and can't grab diags. I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented before now, for your own sanity, to be honest.
  7. -Daedalus

    Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc1 available

    (I'm not trying to be awkward here, I swear, but:) wouldn't it make more sense, given the new theme, to change the colour to orange, or similar? Seems that's the accent colour you're going for. I think the complaint wasn't that it wasn't blue, but simply that it wasn't a different colour to the "off" state.
  8. -Daedalus

    Unraid OS version 6.7.0-rc1 available

    Would a kind soul care to post a screenshot of the new dashboard for those of us not running RC versions? Edit: Never mind, someone on Reddit posted some. Looks really nice! Off the bat, the only thing that sticks out at me is that the tile on the top left - server description - seemed to be taking up a lot of space, and the information is largely duplicated on the right side of the banner. Might be worth thinking about condensing/removing some of this to free up space for the main interest items.
  9. -Daedalus

    Backup a primary unRAID to a secondary unRAID

    +1 I've love something like this as well. To expand on this: It would be great to be able to setup sync options as well, something like: Pick your share (specific, all) Pick your sync type (one-way backup, bidirectional sync) Pick your schedule (day, month, etc.)
  10. -Daedalus

    Docker container size statistics

    Very nice! Off-topic, but is there a possibility of getting those pop-ups to match dark/light themes? Always seemed a bit jarring to me to have blazing white pop-up boxes on a black theme. I don't suppose there are global pop-up-bg/pop-up-text colour variables you can change?
  11. -Daedalus

    Unraid OS version 6.6.1 available

    Before it gets buried too much: I saw in the 6.6.0 thread, some people needed to delete dynamix.plg to get the webUI showing properly. Is there anything specific that's been noted previously we should watch out for with this update?
  12. -Daedalus

    Mover enhancements

    Can I ask what controller you're using? 300GB shouldn't take days. It should be done in an hour, and that's at only about 60MB/s, which you should be able to far exceed. Also, if you have a bunch of other stuff writing directly to the array at the same time, this can cause disk thrashing on the parity drive(s), which can slow things down quite a bit.
  13. -Daedalus

    Mover mode - Immediate

    Valid point. I didn't think about the parity disk here. If you end up in a situation where you're writing to more than one disk, the parity disk will be having a hard time of it. Wouldn't be so much concerned with multiple things happening on the cache, given it'll outpace the disks by miles, but the parity disk thrashing is a valid point, and probably renders it moot, unless you were to limit the move to sequentially moving files as they come in.
  14. -Daedalus

    Mover mode - Immediate

    I'll be completely honest, and say that I know know the low-level stuff with the mover; I don't know what functions it calls, how much overhead is involved, etc. I was only asking to do it on a per-file basis, as soon as copied, because I imagined that would be less expensive than basically having the mover continually called just in case something new was added to the cache.
  15. -Daedalus

    Mover mode - Immediate

    I'm aware, however it's not quite the same thing. You could set the mover to run at 10%+ utilisation, and if your cache drive is always above this, it'll do what I want, but I would imagine it's a more elegant solution to check if new files or added, and move only them.