When the SSD is installed in the usb3.0, it is recognized as a HDD drive(Solved)

When the SSD is installed in the usb3.0 hard drive box, it is recognized as a HDD drive,but I have no problem plugging the sata and m2 on the motherboard.

Is there a way to manually mark this as ssd? My internal disk space is not enough, I can only solve it through external expansion.

Failure to recognize as ssd will cause ssd to fail to trim

Edited by uniartisan
On 12/21/2020 at 11:39 AM, trurl said:

If you are using that SSD in the parity array it can't be trimmed either.

And USB connections aren't reliable enough for the permanent connections needed in parity array or cache pool.

I know that usb connections aren't reliable enough compared with sata or esata, but I have no choice. There is no more space for my desktop for I have another workstation host for my work. In order to expand my disk size, I have bought a five-drive docking station, which  has a power supply of 120w. It has been working very well for more than two months and there is no read/write failure.

In addition, I have used ssd as a cache, still thank you for your enthusiastic answer :)

Edited by uniartisan