Keeping NextCloud data on cache or UD SSD?

adminmat

• 2 months later...

This is the problem I am currently having also.

I had it only on the cache for a while, but a) it just filled it up far too quickly, and b) nothing was protected (I'm running a single cache drive). 

I've switched it to the array but as you say, it just keeps things spinning all the time, which is something that I want to avoid. Did you find a solution?

With version 6.9.0 this becomes easier to manage.  With 6.8.3 and older you can have a cache pool with multiple SSDs for redundancy in a BRTFS RAID 1 configurations.  However, you can have only one cache pool so anything using cache goes there such as appdata, etc..  In 6.9.0 you can have multiple cache pools and you can assign different pools (could still just be one SSDs) to different shares.

In this scenario, you could have a cache pool for general use which may be a single or multiple disks and you could have another cache pool for NextCloud use only with a cache-only share.  Again, if you want redundancy, it could be a RAID1 pool.

An unassigned devices SSD is another option but you don't have redundancy with that configuration.