[SOLVED] LZMA corrupt

TomH

Hi, 

I trying to start my unRaid server again after long off-time (close to a year... 😕).

But it will not start.

I get: 

Loading /bzimage... ok

Loading /bsroot...ok

LZMA data is corrupt

-- System halted_

What is the best (simplest) way to get the server up & running again? 

I tried to backup the files on the USB stick but can't copy the file "bzroot-gui". That might be the problem? (I get "Error 0x8007045D: I/O device error")  

I can't find what version I have.. I bought the key 4 aug. 2018. Can i find the version in the USB-stick? (If it is necessary.)

Hm.. 

In the filen "Changed" I find: 
### Version 6.5.3 2018-06-12

Linux kernel: version 4.14.49

Please help 

BR /Tom

unRaid.JPG

Thanks!

1. Tried to just replace the "bzroot-gui" but that didn't help. Same error. 

2. Formatted the USB stick,

3. Downloaded the latest version on unraid 

4. Copied to the USB stick

5. Replaced the config folder,

6. Run file "make_bootable.bat" 

7. Server up and running again! 😃

Didn't need to do anything with the key(?) 

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] LZMA corrupt
  • 1 year later...

I faced the same error yesterday when rebooting after only 1 month's up-time. I backed up the config folder as mentioned and created a new Unraid installation with the USB Creation Tool, copied back the config folder and the error was gone. Does somebody know why this "LZMA CORRUPT" error occurs?

First time I saw that error I was shocked and scared if my USB drive was killed, but turns out everything is fine with the USB drive.

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, Skylinar said:

I faced the same error yesterday when rebooting after only 1 month's up-time. I backed up the config folder as mentioned and created a new Unraid installation with the USB Creation Tool, copied back the config folder and the error was gone. Does somebody know why this "LZMA CORRUPT" error occurs?

First time I saw that error I was shocked and scared if my USB drive was killed, but turns out everything is fine with the USB drive.

To me this happen every time I have not used the server for a while. And I am using high quality USB drives...  😕