We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[6.8.3] Corrupted XFS Filesystem on one disk

Hello everyone,  I woke up this morning to find that my Plex docker was not working, checked "fix common problems" and found an entry "Disk 4 is read only" so I stopped the array and re started in maintenance mode without restarting the server. I performed a filesystem check using -nv and will add that with my logs to this post. I received the output requesting to re mount the drives to replay the metadata log but the drive is currently unmountable so i am not sure where to proceed for my best chance at file recovery. 

Edit: I just checked for my files after starting the array and I believe I may have already lost these files but didn't notice data size difference since I upgraded a drive a few weeks ago for more space. So that leads me to a second question, does anyone know of a program that keeps a list of files (in my case probably movie list) and notifies you of changes?

XFS Repair Output.txt zeus-diagnostics-20210213-1102.zip

Edited by moose1207
added more information

So I used -L and it destroyed the log, now I have a few hundred numbered folders some with my files and other files with no file extension in lost±found.

Is there an easy way to restore these to the proper file structure other than searching through every folder?

Any idea how to determine what or how the system got corrupted so I can prevent this from happening again?

4 hours ago, moose1207 said:

Is there an easy way to restore these to the proper file structure other than searching through every folder?

Unfortunately not as these are folders/files for which no directory entry could be found so their name is unknown.   If you want to try and manually identify what they are then this has to be done by examination.  For folders the contents can normally give you a good idea.  For files the Linux 'file' command can at least help by indicating what type of content each file contains.

Got it. Thanks everyone for the help! Seems like searching through each folder has properly organized files that I can move to the correct location. Determining what each file without an extension or name is going to be trickier and I'll use the file command as suggested. 

As an aside I have been running Crashplan for a year straight now and nowhere near completed uploading everything because my up speed is atrocious. Is there any way I can add a few more drives in the server and have them serve as backups. So if something gets copied to the array it also gets copied to these drives as well? Or Any recommendations for  backing up on local network to another computer maybe. And again Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

14 hours ago, moose1207 said:

Is there any way I can add a few more drives in the server and have them serve as backups. So if something gets copied to the array it also gets copied to these drives as well? Or Any recommendations for  backing up on local network to another computer maybe. And again Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Better would be to have a second server as a backup, but you can also use some drives with the UD plugin to backup some or all your data, you'd need to use scripts with rsync or similar.