trouble with user login and permission management

hello there

I updated to 6.9.0 rc2 and had some issues with user management and shares not working correctly so i downgraded to 6.8.3 again but some issues seem to have persisted.
I cannot seem to edit share read/write permissions for users and i cannot log into the webui with any user except for root and i can only login with new users in through the windows explorer.
I have tried resetting the users by deleting passwd shadow and smbpasswd from the thumbdrive but my old user (when recreated) still seems to now want to work. The change password feature when used from root does not seem to make a difference either.
Any ideas? Included diag below

tower-diagnostics-20210302-1001.zip

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Works fine for me, so it is not a widespread 6.9 issue.

It might be a browser issue. Did you try

• to clear cache
  • without any plugins
  • from another browser

I have now tried with edge and firefox on 2 computers and in private mode.
It also seems unlikely since it doesnt work to login even with new accounts that were created for testing. Would also not explain why my original account doesn't work from the windows explorer but newly created ones do. But that could be an seperate issue.
Uninstalled all plugins and rebooted and same result.
I can also note that i installed a cache drive and set the mover to transfer files from appdata on the array to the cachedrive. however i dont see how this would affect the loginui.

Edited by Jamorro
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

That's by design.  Only root has access to the webGUI

well  completely missed that Thanks!
So the only issue i have is that i cannot change the readwrite permissions from under the users tab and that my first account somehow isnt able to access the drives through network share. The network share is a minor problem since new accounts work but the readwrite part is a bit annoying.