Where can I find info on adding a second cache pool and moving appdata to it? (SOLVED)

I am wanting to add a nvme SSD as a second cache pool to use exclusively for docker and VMs. And I want to keep my existing sata cache pool exclusively for write caching shares. 

what would be the proper way to do this? And where can I find info on multiple cache pools. 

I am assuming I would want to make the nvme the first pool so I don’t have to re-map all my containers, and then make the sata the second, but that’s just a guess. I actually have no idea how this would work.  

Edited by relink

I found the docs for 6.9 after googling for them. (idk where to find the link on the forums). 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's sounding like all I need to do is add the new nvme drive, assign it to a second pool. Then set which pool I want each share to use in the share settings, and then run the mover...is that about it?

17 minutes ago, relink said:

Then set which pool I want each share to use in the share settings, and then run the mover...is that about it?

You can do that, first move that share to the array, then to the new pool, mover can't move from pool to pool, files can't be in use, i.e., stop the docker service first.

53 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Had you noticed the 'Manual' link at the bottom the unRaid GUI?  I have suggested in the past it should be moved to the icons at the top right to make it more likely to get noticed.

You know what, i've seen that link down there numerous times, but I can honestly say i've never noticed it, if that makes any sense. 

37 minutes ago, relink said:

You know what, i've seen that link down there numerous times, but I can honestly say i've never noticed it, if that makes any sense. 

I know exactly what you mean - I know it is there but I have to think twice before clicking on it.

That is why I think some thought needs to be put into how to make it more prominent in the GUI as many people miss it.

• relink changed the title to Where can I find info on adding a second cache pool and moving appdata to it? (SOLVED)