Migrate from Synology to Unraid

all my drives are basic btrfs volumes. I wanted to know how I migrate from this DSM, xpenology USB memory stick, to Unraid usb stik. I'm assuming I simply shut down my DSM, unplug my xpenology usb and plug in the formatted unraid usb. My main concern is I don't lose any of my files. Any suggestion, please

Don't do that (mount) if your DSM disk are multiple disk pool.

In 99% Unraid won't show those DSM data disk file content even they config in single disk config.

If those disk was DSM external disk, may be you could try and safe.

Edited by Vr2Io

sorry, I'm confused then LOL. When you say "Using network transfer file." is that what you mean or is this an application. I have one 8 TB free in my DSM. I was hoping I could instal the unraid OS then start transferring my data from the other volumes one volume at a time until they were all configured to the unraid os. I"m open to suggestions, keeping in mind I'm a newbie, so I require details, please :) 

Seems you have one machine only, you plan to install Unraid ( in virtualize ) under xpenology or revrrse. Or you have two stanalone machine runing Unraid and xpenology ?

If both OS in virtualize then you can transfer file through internal virtual network within same physical machine.

7 hours ago, ltworf13 said:

is that what you mean or is this an application.

You can setting xpenology  enable "NFS" file sharing and provide read-only access. Then at Unraid use unassigned-device plugin to mount the NFS share and use "MC" to copy between them.

You also can perform all in command prompt.

Edited by Vr2Io
  • Thanks 1

neither of them are virtual. if i made the unraid virtual would that option still work? if so how to I install unraid virtual onto the same machine?

My only other option. I was thinking of doing was borrowing my friend's server, take his drives out. Start with my 1st 8T in his to copy another 8T over then pull that out of mine and into his to do the same. I think he has a 4 bay. once I have 4 all copied over. can I take them out and put them back into mine for it to still work with the same unraid usb?