[SOLVED] All drives showing read errors

Reviewing your earlier diagnostics I see disk3 was already disabled due to the problems you were having before.

SMART for disk3 looks OK so you could rebuild to the same disk, but I am still concerned about whatever problem you were having before and whether or not it would reappear when you try to rebuild disk3.

If you have a spare disk we could use that for rebuild and keep the original disk3 just as it is in case the problem comes back while trying to rebuild.

I am going to ask @JorgeB to take a look at your earlier diagnostics and see if he has a better idea what was going wrong there, but it may be a few hours before he is awake.

Not many disks to power, but are you sure you don't have a power problem?

Do you have a spare disk?

Do you have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable?

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

USB for array devices, I guess no other options with a NUC

Obviously I missed that.

@d4lan

If you insist on using this setup I suggest you give up on the idea of parity since you won't be able to keep the array in sync with those frequent disconnects.

And of course, make sure you

13 hours ago, trurl said:

have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable

Thank you all for the help.

I do regular backups of the important stuff to one drive using duplicati so I have that covered. Yeah I'm using the NUC for low power purposes and USB is the only way to go. This is the first time it's happened, but if it continues to be an issue I'll have to switch out the hardware.

You are welcome to mark as solved.

Edited by d4lan
  • d4lan changed the title to [SOLVED] All drives showing read errors