timemachine 5.0b4 SOLVED was issues with keychain passwords

djdexter

• 4 weeks later...

I have taken steps for the sparseimage from a post I can no longer find. In any case, I followed every step with no issue. But when I tried to turn on time machine it would not find any backup disk or path. Is there anymore info on this procedure?

Also looking for the best way to do something similar on my windows machine for auto backup.

Thanks,

Camel

I have taken steps for the sparseimage from a post I can no longer find. In any case, I followed every step with no issue. But when I tried to turn on time machine it would not find any backup disk or path. Is there anymore info on this procedure?

Also looking for the best way to do something similar on my windows machine for auto backup.

Thanks,

Camel

You shouldn't have to do any manual steps. TM should see the AFP share and it should be selectable as a TM target.

• 3 months later...

i can't get TM working

I just completed a fresh install of unraid 5b7.  I've been trying to get time machine to work but no luck.  Here's what I've done and the outcome.

I created a disk share and disk1 with AFP export via timemachine and secure security.  I login using a created user and password

I mount the disk, open time machine preferences and can select it.  After the backup starts, its get stuck on "making backup disk available". 

After a while I get the message: "The backup disk image "/Volumes/disk1-1/[computer name].sparsebundle could not be created (error1)."

stuck on this now and was hoping for help.  I've also tried with a user share and on my 2nd mac and no luck.  any suggestions?

Archived