Unraid 6 with DELL PowerEdge R640 on internal dual SD

Hello Community,

is it possible to use unraid 6 with Pro license in a Dell PowerEdge R640 with internal dual RAID1 SSD-Modul? (see screenshot)

We have no place for USB on the back (USV-Management over USB)

The front USB is not usable becase of the front cover with key?

Hope you have a solution for us.

Best regards

Chris

IMG_0404.JPG

Unraid doesn't run from the USB, it's only used at boot time to unpack the OS into RAM and read the saved settings. If properly managed, the USB stick is very reliable, there are many examples of 10+ years of service, moved from system to system as needed for motherboard upgrades.

A full sized USB 2.0 stick of 32GB capacity is ideal.

In the rare event of failure, it's simple to take the latest backup and create a new stick, as soon as Unraid gets online it will prompt you through the license replacement process.

• Thanks 1

Hey @ChatNoir,

i know, but an SD-Card-Slot is nothing different like a USB for the system. I tried to install an UNRAID on a USB-Stick with SD-Card slot, this works. Im not finish with this part here :) i think i have a solution to use the SD-Card modul in the server. But RAID1 will still be a dream. 
I will give feedback if my idea will work, so other users with the same usecase can solve it.

Thx.

13 hours ago, aboutchris said:

Hey @ChatNoir,

i know, but an SD-Card-Slot is nothing different like a USB for the system. I tried to install an UNRAID on a USB-Stick with SD-Card slot, this works. Im not finish with this part here :) i think i have a solution to use the SD-Card modul in the server. But RAID1 will still be a dream. 
I will give feedback if my idea will work, so other users with the same usecase can solve it.

Thx.

The question of being able to use the SD-Card slot is likely to depend on whether each such module has a unique GUID or whether Dell re-uses the same GUID on each such module.  Unraid would require each one to be unique.