All disks are gone, but still visible and accessible from Bios. Array gone

Again I need your help, 

I wanted to install a 10gb sfp mellanox, which by the way can’t be recognised (though visible in bios and in device properties in unraid), I shut down the server (ml 350 gen 9 Hp, 8 disk on the two embebbed sata controller and 4 disks on a sas lsi controller) and installed the card, easy... started the server and lots of things happened. The machine is not reachable anymore and doesn’t get the static assigned ip. 
no disks are visible and the array is down. No device to assign.

removed the new card, but problems persisted, 

went in bios and did a bit of diagnostic. All disks showed up fine and could look at smart reports etc...

i rebooted many times, reseated the hba lsi card, nothing. 
the server is not reachable from lan, the array is gone, and now after last reboot, just to say good night, I can’t log in anymore in the web gui. I’m stuck at the login page....

i removed the usb drive to see if I at least can log in to download a diagnostic

please Help..

Thanks for the reply, i have no VM at all. I pulled out the usb drive to see if I can log in. The drives are there and working/spinning, I can do a performance test trough Bios utility, but unraid does not see them and show missing drives. I really don’t know what to do not to lose my config and plugin (nextlcloud grafana) which took me a considerable amount of time to set up

It is highly probable that everything if fine if we can sort your immediate problem :) 

I assume that you are actually successfully booting Unraid so you are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your systems diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics or by using 'diagnostics' from the command line) to your NEXT post.

so thanks all for the support. I got it back running. 

I found a thread reporting to rename the shadow file. I did that and replugged the usb drive. Unraid booted up without password, connection on both the internal Nic and the 10gbe mellanox was functioning and the disks were again visible.

the array did not autostart though.

so basically i just renamed the Shadow file to shadow.old. and that has been pure luck that I read the thread as it was just intended to reset the password since not responding anymore.

why did that happened? is there a way to avoid such a behaviour? being version 6.9.2 just released, can I upgrade safely or do I have high risks of briking the system again?

thanks in advance