Unmountable: Not Mounted

42 minutes ago, cscott said:

swapped out the motherboard, CPU and RAM in my server. Got everything back up and running, but noticed that two of my disks show the error "Unmountable: Not Mounted". 

I do wonder how this happened though. I have changed all that hardware more than once without problems.

What can you tell us about the old hardware, especially the disk controller?

Dont think the disk controllers are any different. I did go from an Intel based setup to a AMD setup.

So it didn't delete all my files.. it put them in the lost+found folder... do i have to sort through them manually? or is there an easier way to put all the files back where the go?

20 minutes ago, cscott said:

Could I rebuild it with the parity disks? If so how?

Unfortunately parity can't help with filesystem corruption, it would rebuild the disks as they are now, but it's not normal to have severe corruption in two disks at the same time, you might have a hardware issue, like bad RAM.

1 hour ago, cscott said:

just the parity disks

Parity is not a substitute for backups. Lots of ways to lose data that have nothing to do with failed disks, including user error.

You must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable on another system or external.