6.9.2 config lost after each reboot

Hello,

I'm running Unraid OS 6.9.2 Plus on an older R630. Whenever the machine reboots it seems to lose its configuration and it boots back into the initial Tower configuration. The only way to fix this is to restore the config folder from a backup on another machine and reboot again. I've tried booting from USB2 and 3 ports, changed the flash drive to a high quality stick, tried BIOS and UEFI but the problem persists. Not even sure how to debug this?

Any ideas, please let me know.

24 minutes ago, monoman said:

Hello,

I'm running Unraid OS 6.9.2 Plus on an older R630. Whenever the machine reboots it seems to lose its configuration and it boots back into the initial Tower configuration. The only way to fix this is to restore the config folder from a backup on another machine and reboot again. I've tried booting from USB2 and 3 ports, changed the flash drive to a high quality stick, tried BIOS and UEFI but the problem persists. Not even sure how to debug this?

Any ideas, please let me know.

Hello, are you sure your flashdrive is not read-only ?

You can provide your Diagnostics so we can have a look.

Go to Tools / Diagnostics and attach the full zip file to your next post.

23 minutes ago, monoman said:

When I replicate the problem (so when it boots into a clean Tower config) and run diagnostics, I can see the log file saved in the /boot/logs directory. Then, when I mount the stick on another computer, the file isn't there ...

That suggests that the flash drive is not mounted at /boot as it should be and as a result the /boot location is just in RAM :( 

if you go into the console then you can try the ‘df’ command to see what (if anything) is mounted at /boot.