How to acces the Docker image?

Hi all,

I just installed Syncthing and started testing. I messed up and downloaded a lot of files to /home/unknown/deviceblabla.

So I now have pictures stored in the Docker home directory. How do I acces that to delete it?

I can find the Docker image on the cache drive but that is a .img file that I can't open. It is just one big file. Or do I need to download that and then somehow delete some data inside?

If I understand correctly you have a bunch of files that are downloaded inside a docker container to a location that is not mapped back to your underlying drives?

There's a few ways to do it (I'm not familiar with Syncthing to know if it can do it inherently), but the most reliable I could point you to would be docker cp command if you are able to use the command line. Just make sure that you are using a destination on your Unraid server that is suitable to put the files.

You can use `docker ps` to confirm the name of the docker container you are targeting. Then use the docker cp command something like (change the specifics to suit your situation):

docker cp <container_name>:/home/unknown/deviceblabla /mnt/user/folder/you/want/files/in/

Let me know how you get on!

16 hours ago, hoppers99 said:

If I understand correctly you have a bunch of files that are downloaded inside a docker container to a location that is not mapped back to your underlying drives?

There's a few ways to do it (I'm not familiar with Syncthing to know if it can do it inherently), but the most reliable I could point you to would be docker cp command if you are able to use the command line. Just make sure that you are using a destination on your Unraid server that is suitable to put the files.

You can use `docker ps` to confirm the name of the docker container you are targeting. Then use the docker cp command something like (change the specifics to suit your situation):

docker cp <container_name>:/home/unknown/deviceblabla /mnt/user/folder/you/want/files/in/

Let me know how you get on!

Hi, 

I have managed to get Syncthing to use the correct file location but the problem is the files that were uploaded before I had the path set correctly. 

Here is the page that I followed: 

Near the bottom of the page, the user Salots, mentions that you have to change the path /home/etc to /media/etc. My current problem is that I don't know where exactly this /home/etc is and how I can delete the files that I have accidentally uploaded in there. 

46 minutes ago, workermaster said:

If that is the way to do it then I have already fixed it when I reinstalled the Docker yesterday. Thanks for the help!

Do you mean you deleted then recreated docker.img and reinstalled all your containers?

Or do you just mean you reinstalled that particular container?

44 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean you deleted then recreated docker.img and reinstalled all your containers?

Or do you just mean you reinstalled that particular container?

Just that particular container. 

I can delete the full image but then I would have to install all the containers and settings again. That is just to much trouble for the 200MB of pictures that are now stored in the wrong location. 

56 minutes ago, workermaster said:

install all the containers and settings again.

No settings. Previous Apps takes care of the settings.

The settings for each of your containers are saved in templates on your flash drive. Any time you go to the Edit Container page for any of your containers, those settings are retrieved from those templates, and that is how they get put on that Edit Container page for you to edit if you want.

When you Add Container for a new container, it is the same page, and a similar thing happens, except you start with templates provided by the container author. Then any settings you make are saved on flash for you to work with in the future.

Read the link I gave.