FTP server in 6.9.2 allows write access to shares it shouldn't.

IMTheNachoMan

On 1/20/2022 at 7:11 AM, IMTheNachoMan said:

Can you elaborate on what adaption? I can make changes if there is a different way I need to do something? I just started using Unraid and don't fully understand the code architecture. Happy to make changes as needed.

I think it's more related to incorporation into the WebUI.  We'll get back once we are ready.

Please don't view this response as we are not interested in your issue.  I think it's a good idea.  The problem right now is Limetech is undergoing some serious growth and we are working behind the scenes to get more organized and responsive to requests like yours.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

Please don't view this response as we are not interested in your issue. 

I don't. I know y'all are busy. And, if I am being honest, I think y'all way undercharge for Unraid so I am sure you have more work than you have resources/developers to do. So I understand it takes time to incorporate user changes. I've been working on another enhancement to the rclone plugin with a webUI for creating/configuring jobs. I'll hold on developing that until y'all release the new update. Thanks!

• Like 1
On 1/23/2022 at 7:57 PM, dlandon said:

Don't hear that very often.

I'm on the inside of software development so I know what it takes to develop, launch, and maintain a product. 

On 1/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, JonathanM said:

Nothing stopping you from purchasing another pro license if it makes you feel better. 🤣

Ha. I could. But -- and I am assuming that Limetech doesn't have enough $ to operate at peak efficiency -- me paying more doesn't help the bigger problem. I do have a yearly process to donate to various tools I use so maybe I'll add Unraid to the list. :)