[Support] Goobaroo - Modded Minecraft Java Servers

if the port mappings don't show the IP address of your container instance, it may not be up? Depending on how you set it up, host networking will be the IP of your unraid server (and probably port 25565) while bridge will be set to the port you defined in the container setup page. 

I've only ever got one working so I may have got this wrong.

Unless your friends are in the same house as you, they won't be able to use that IP address. You've got your local IP addresses, then you've got your ISP address. If your friends are outside of the house, you're going to have to setup port forwarding at your modem/router - and you'll have to know what IP address your ISP has given you. If you're running a modded minecraft server, (from what I understand) you'll have to run the Java Edition of Minecraft.

Edited by hanmaan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 7:49 AM, jerseyknoll said:

Thanks for putting this docker together. I'm having the following issue running it. Any help would be appreciated.

+ cd /data
+ [[ true = \f\a\l\s\e ]]
+ echo eula=true
/launch.sh: line 8: eula.txt: Permission denied
+ [[ -f Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip ]]
+ rm -fr config kubejs libraries mods '*Server.zip' 'forge*.jar'
+ curl -Lo 'Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip' 'https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/3567/576/Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip'
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
Warning: Failed to create the file Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip: Permission 
Warning: denied
  0  141M    0 15888    0     0  18713      0  2:12:12 --:--:--  2:12:12 18713
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 15888)
++ ls 'forge-*-installer.jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*-installer.jar': No such file or directory
+ java -jar --installServer
Unrecognized option: --installServer
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n world ]]
+ sed -i '/level-name\s*=/ c level-name=world' /data/server.properties
sed: can't read /data/server.properties: No such file or directory
+ [[ -n jerseyknoll ]]
+ echo jerseyknoll
+ awk -v RS=, '{print}'
/launch.sh: line 27: ops.txt: Permission denied
++ ls 'forge-*[0-9].jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*[0-9].jar': No such file or directory
+ java -server -Xms4096m -Xmx8192m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=0 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+UseG1GC -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile nogui
+ cd /data
+ [[ true = \f\a\l\s\e ]]
+ echo eula=true
/launch.sh: line 8: eula.txt: Permission denied
+ [[ -f Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip ]]
+ rm -fr config kubejs libraries mods '*Server.zip' 'forge*.jar'
+ curl -Lo 'Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip' 'https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/3567/576/Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip'
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0Warning: Failed to create the file Above and Beyond-1.3-Server.zip: Permission 
Warning: denied
  0  141M    0  1564    0     0   1571      0 26:14:53 --:--:-- 26:14:53  6859
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 1564)
++ ls 'forge-*-installer.jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*-installer.jar': No such file or directory
+ java -jar --installServer
Unrecognized option: --installServer
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n world ]]
+ sed -i '/level-name\s*=/ c level-name=world' /data/server.properties
sed: can't read /data/server.properties: No such file or directory
+ [[ -n jerseyknoll ]]
+ echo jerseyknoll
+ awk -v RS=, '{print}'
/launch.sh: line 27: ops.txt: Permission denied
++ ls 'forge-*[0-9].jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*[0-9].jar': No such file or directory
+ java -server -Xms4096m -Xmx8192m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=0 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+UseG1GC -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile nogui

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

has anyone figured out what's wrong here, I'm having the same issue, and i have checked the permissions and haven't been able to figure it out im haveing the issue with the direwolf 20 1.19 pack and the 1.18 pack.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, dj15114 said:

has anyone figured out what's wrong here, I'm having the same issue, and i have checked the permissions and haven't been able to figure it out im haveing the issue with the direwolf 20 1.19 pack and the 1.18 pack.

It is permissions based.  You can try setting the directory in appdata for the pack to 777, and try running.  The fact that it can not create the eula.txt file points to permissions.

5 hours ago, AceBurn90 said:

Does anyone know, when update 10 is available und how to update when its out?

I'm assuming you mean Vault Hunters 3.  There is nothing up on the discord about Release 10.  It should get pushed up here when ever it becomes available on curseforge.

It is permissions based.  You can try setting the directory in appdata for the pack to 777, and try running.  The fact that it can not create the eula.txt file points to permissions.

Ok thank you I’ll give that a try when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

If possible could you add a docker container for Project Ozone 3? I know it is a little bit older and not as popular. I would love to set up a PO3 server to play with a few friends and I. I've been trying to find out how to do it myself but I got lost on how to do everything. If you don't want to make a docker I totally understand.

12 hours ago, GameplayNoob said:

Is there any way to edit the motd? cuz when I edit it in the server.properties it just defaults back to the standard message?

There is a setting named MOTD that lets you change it from the default of the pack.  It's in the container settings.  Which modpack are you asking about?

I let the docker for VaultHunters3rdEdition update and it does not turn on any more, the last version it was working with was Update 10.0.0 what ever the latest one did broke my docker.
I don't understand what went wrong and updating the version back to 10.0.0 did not fix it

VH3.thumb.png.11f5b8501b794ed18bdac4246e01a55d.png
1495106203_VH3part2.thumb.png.e750a2d4c8e3902c741d42dc0ffabb74.png

Looks like it failed to download and install properly.  Just delete the `Vault+Hunters+3rd+Edition-3.10.1_Server-Files.zip` file from your /mnt/user/appdata/vaulthunters3 directory and start the container again.  It will download and attempt to re-install.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Zan said:

Hey Goobaroo, thanks for your work on these dockers.

Just tried installing 10.0.0 and the container gets killed. Logs attached, any help you can provide would be great.

@Zan There is no error in this log.  Is the container running out of memory and being killed by docker?  By default it needs 8Gb to run.

19 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

@Zan There is no error in this log.  Is the container running out of memory and being killed by docker?  By default it needs 8Gb to run.

I've only got a server witih 16GB RAM, I thought docker get maybe 12GB to itself if needed but the container was getting killed at around 7GB utilisation. Thanks, if you can think of anything I can tweak, let me know.

9 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

@Zan Vault hunters recommends 4Gb + 2Gb per player, so you could try running with the JVM_OPTS at -Xms4096m -Xmx6144m

See if it runs, or purchase more ram.  My server has 48Gb to run all my containers.

Yeah those parameters worked. Thanks for your help.