New UNRAID build, trial

Hi,

I'm running a 8 disks array using a DELL H200 which is in TI mode. 4 disks out of 5 are currently detected. One of the disks just wont get detected at all. I validated the cable is OK, same for the disks. All partitions on the disk were wiped. I formatted it with ext4 and I am able to read and write to it.

So now I'm wondering, am I limited to 4 disks in the trial version?

Thanks

1 hour ago, tessierp said:

formatted it with ext4

38 minutes ago, tessierp said:

Never mind, I had to format ;-) 

Because ext4 is not an Unraid filesystem that can be used in the array or pools. You must let Unraid format a disk AFTER you add it to an array or pool. Unassigned Devices plugin will let you work with other filesystems outside the array or pools but those can't participate in User Shares.

29 minutes ago, tessierp said:

Is BTRFS stable enough to use? Or should I stick to XFS?

Depends on your hardware. XFS seems to tolerate crashes and other hardware issues better. BTRFS itself is plenty stable, just "brittle" as I see it. Just my opinion though.

BTRFS is arguably better as it gives an error if it is asked to return a file that it detects as corrupt so you know to restore it from your separate backup location instead of just giving you the corrupt data as best it can without warning you, which is what XFS does.