Cache pool besides BTRFS?

EArroyo

No.  BTRFS is it.  Alternatively you can use the ZFS plugin to create a ZFS pool but it's managed via the command line instead of via the GUI and doesn't directly participate in the share system

But, IMO every single computer (whether a server or not) requires a UPS.  Far far too much corruption happens on every OS in the event of sudden loss of power

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

No.  BTRFS is it.  Alternatively you can use the ZFS plugin to create a ZFS pool but it's managed via the command line instead of via the GUI and doesn't directly participate in the share system

But, IMO every single computer (whether a server or not) requires a UPS.  Far far too much corruption happens on every OS in the event of sudden loss of power

I do have a UPS, I guess I need to plug it in on my unRAID box and enable the feature to shutdown at certain percentage.  Luckily I backup my /mnt/cache/custom folder and VM images every 6 months, I can recover, but it's a waste of time.  I feel I had better luck on xfs single cache drive, less damage on power outages. This server is at my mother's house and I didn't know about the power outages until it was too late and noticed my VM's were offline but I could connect to unRAID and saw "Could not start cache, no filesystem."  Could you please point me in the right direction?  I already have ZFS plugin installed, all I need are some How-To's to get me started doing a ZFS Raid-1 cache.

Thanks!