Kernel panic after 6.10 rc2 upgrade (SOLVED)

glave

Last night I upgraded from 6.10 rc1 to rc2. After rebooting I'm getting a kernel panic-

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)

image.thumb.png.45a6d0c46ca48d34789a7786776583f2.png

This is a pretty new one for me, I wouldn't have expected it to fall over. I'm wondering if it's the flash drive...

Any help appreciated!

Edited by glave

What is the workflow to move over?

I used the USB creator tool and then copied over all the files from the old drive, but when it attempts to boot I keep getting

Failed to load COM32 file menu.c32
boot:

A few more details- My drive died last night right after upgrading to 6.10rc2 and it was doing it's reboot. I tried to use the USB creator tool and told it to use 6.10rc2 but it appears that something is broken with that option, as the tool erases the drive, pauses, then closes the program without warning. No files are put on the drive.  I knew this wasn't correct, so I tried again and this time chose stable. This worked as I expected and downloaded the zip at the end and extracted it. I then copied my old flash drive contents on to the new drive. Should I have done that? Should I just move the config folder only?

• glave changed the title to Kernel panic after 6.10 rc2 upgrade (SOLVED)