[Support] locus313 template repo

In the webui try going to settings. Then under advanced settings change the default udp ports to a smaller range. (think it defaults to 10000:60000) You could try something like 10000:10100. (don't forget to hit save)

image.png.1d158fcd749df9ee2f41904e0660bfc1.png

Since we are using host mode for the network type I don't believe we need to add the additional port mappings to the docker configuration in unraid.

Then in your firewall/router forward the udp port range you set to the ip of your unraid server. It may take a little while for the status to update.

Let me know if that works out. 

Hey, so I have this semi-working but I'm having issues with my port forwarding, I've had to change my nat type to get a "most" for my connections.

I've set the port range on the web interface, double checked the change in the config file, set up the udp forward on PfSense and tested the ports are open, I get and Open|Filtered response and in pfsense the state table shows NO_TRAFFIC:SINGLE; suggesting it's not getting a response from the service?

I've tried setting the container to bridge and adding the port mappings manually, but still get the same response.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems like the container isn't responding to the forwarded requests.

I have a fairly niche setup, I know, was just wondering if you could provide any insight! 😅

Cheers.

5 hours ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Hey, so I have this semi-working but I'm having issues with my port forwarding, I've had to change my nat type to get a "most" for my connections.

I've set the port range on the web interface, double checked the change in the config file, set up the udp forward on PfSense and tested the ports are open, I get and Open|Filtered response and in pfsense the state table shows NO_TRAFFIC:SINGLE; suggesting it's not getting a response from the service?

I've tried setting the container to bridge and adding the port mappings manually, but still get the same response.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems like the container isn't responding to the forwarded requests.

I have a fairly niche setup, I know, was just wondering if you could provide any insight! 😅

Cheers.

How big of a port range are you using? I don't recommend using the default range. I would first try set setting it to like 50-100 ports (like my example above of using 10000-10100) Are you able to provide some screenshot(s) of your pfsense rule? (Feel free to dm it to me if you don't want to post it here)

Hey, I have no problem sharing screenshots, maybe it could help someone else. 😊

I've set the port range as 20250:20260.

Here is the Port forward setup -

image.thumb.png.6f184995768e2c1692fef524bbf67692.png

And here is the associated firewall rule.

I also have Nat Refelection for port forwards set to NAT+Proxy by default, but this can be changed per rule and I've tried all three options; Disable, Pure NAT and NAT+Proxy.

image.thumb.png.b3955ad34b1673119364db61a701c64c.png

I'm kinda lost at this point, as I say, I know it's a pretty specfiic setup, so I appreciate your help. 😊

Cheers!

I been doing some more testing and looking through issues on the mysterium github repo and sounds like this might be an issue with the mysterium node software its self. Here is one of the issues that talks about it:
https://github.com/mysteriumnetwork/node/issues/3817

In the tests I have tried so far I was only able to get to say "All" when no nat is used. (public ip directly on the server running the docker container)

image.png.6001fe147ca1edc088bfcce2f822540e.png

Even though your only getting "most" have you been seeing sessions with data transfer?

On 12/8/2021 at 7:09 AM, WeAreTheDynamite said:

I have had a few connections, seemingly all shortly after initial setup - I haven't had anything since messing with the port forwarding and posting here. Though my node does say it's up on the my nodes page on mystnodes.

It appears that UPnP/Holepunching is working but port forwarding is broken in the software itself?

I am not sure I would say its broken, but does seem to be some sort of issue with it. What exactly I am not sure at this point. 

2 hours ago, Cliff said:

Is it possible to integrate wireguard with this application somehow so that my public IP is not visible if someone else uses my node for something illegal ? 

You do have the option in the webui to limit to verified traffic only:

image.png.5e5ed679ec0348c2f57dc0de2cfdd08a.png

As for routing the traffic through a separate wireguard connection, its not something i have tried to setup yet. So not currently able to provide steps/directions for that.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, Cliff said:

Is it possible to integrate wireguard with this application somehow so that my public IP is not visible if someone else uses my node for something illegal ?

On 12/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, locus313 said:

As for routing the traffic through a separate wireguard connection, its not something i have tried to setup yet. So not currently able to provide steps/directions for that.

i am running a node through ich777/openvpn-client. the node itself is running, but i can't access the webgui.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, was reading documentation and forums etc before installing on my unRAID server and eventually did it. Possibly the easiest thing I've ever done. Well done on a great container.

I have used a small range of UDP ports and port forwarded manually, 10000:10010 UDP specifically. In NodeUI I am getting "most" (only symmetric NAT connections won't work?). Would using UPnP solve this or am I pretty much stuck like this? Not really familiar but going to do some reading up on the topic.

I just cant seem to get this working. What I have done so far:

1. Installed the docker Myst

2. Configured with my ETH wallet token + Mysterium API code.

3. Configured ports 50000-50200 in Myst and my router

The connection part says "Most" and cannot seem to get it to All. I have been waiting for hours but nobody is connecting.

Anyone else got an idea?

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 4:37 AM, tTownTom said:

Just received an email from Mysterium telling me to update my node:

How would I go about this?

Cheers

In your docker list next to the docker name you should see an apply update option. You can use the Auto Update Applications plugin to do this automatically for you.  

• 5 months later...

Alright boiz. Here's how I went from "restricted cone" and got "ALL" and here's the proof:

vFyhlpv.png

That's the port range I chose. Pretty fair, 180 ports. Nothing insane like the default option.

I installed the docker container as "HOST" normally, I have everything on a specific network called "public" that I use to connect via the web thanks to Nginxproxymanager.

In this case just for the beginning, I kept it as Host as locust said it shouldn't require anything special. It's the only other container running the same way as Plex. Though my Plex server allows me to access it via Plex.tv so it doesn't need to be on my "bridge" network.

The main thing that I think worked for me was in my Router (Asus RT-AX88U) I changed my NAT from "Symmetrical" to "Full-Cone"

Which is blah blah less secure but I don't give a rat's ass. I've already got my entire network locked down like a fortress anyway.

I then went to Port forward those ports above: 52820:53000 on UDP.

I did that in the WAN > Port Forwarding tab

image.thumb.png.e09d4ad9cef343e81f63b51ab424b274.png

I don't think the Port Forwarding step was necessary but I did it anyway. One way or another, the Myst container detects my router and immediately sets "fullcone" NAT type.

That's literally all it took for me. I don't have any pfSense stuff or PiHole crap running on my network. This router is more than enough security for me, as is having isolated subnets.

Anyway I hope this helps someone. I think the most important thing is changing to full cone NAT.

EDIT: Trying later on my custom "public" network didn't work. I cannot get the ports open no matter watch. Bridge mode doesn't work either, and neither does my default "br0" network. I can run the container on another internal IP (eg. 192.168.1.67) and access it via that from my internet network but not from outside my network. I'll try later with Tailscale and see what I can do.

If you have a pfSense dohickey this might help you: 

Edited by plantsandbinary

P.S. If you check the docker logs. You don't want to see this:

2022-11-24T23:02:48.854 INF ../../nat/upnp/discover.go:58                  > UPnP gateways detected: 0

What you DO want to see is this:

2022-11-24T23:04:31.264 INF ../../nat/upnp/discover.go:58                  > UPnP gateways detected: 1
2022-11-24T23:04:31.264 INF ../../nat/upnp/discover.go:60                  > UPnP gateway detected map[deviceType:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1 friendlyName:RT-AX88U-9B20 manufacturer:ASUSTeK Computer Inc. modelName:RT-AX88U modelNo:386.8 server:AsusWRT/4.1.51 UPnP/1.1 MiniUPnPd/2.3.0]

That's my router. You want to see yours in there.

EDIT:

Mind you, I took my node offline very quickly after I saw how pitiful the earnings were and just how much of a waste of time it was. So I don't really recommend this container at all.

Edited by plantsandbinary
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been having connection issues since moving to a br1 network.  All the other containers seem to have IP addresses and port mappings in the Docker UI, but none show for Myst.  I think this might be causing the node to go unreachable.  Any idea on how to fix? I've added port mappings and static IP addresses when setting up, but it doesn't seem to work...

image.thumb.png.0dab1e0b22ccdc649e3ef26d3f91f77e.png

Under docker allocations:

image.png.30718d80ce2cb05f3fb36053f6fcf0e5.png

Edited by 0weavern
Added diagnostic image
3 hours ago, 0weavern said:

I've been having connection issues since moving to a br1 network.  All the other containers seem to have IP addresses and port mappings in the Docker UI, but none show for Myst.  I think this might be causing the node to go unreachable.  Any idea on how to fix? I've added port mappings and static IP addresses when setting up, but it doesn't seem to work...

image.thumb.png.0dab1e0b22ccdc649e3ef26d3f91f77e.png

Under docker allocations:

image.png.30718d80ce2cb05f3fb36053f6fcf0e5.png

Do you have two nic's and, usually the first/main nic is br0.  if you have two nic's, is the second nic configured and working?