Mover isn't moving file and Cache is full

Go to solution Solved by Krobbinsit,

I have turned off my dockers and deleted logs in them to free up space. As soon as I did that the cache drive filled back up even though there are no dockers running to fill it up.

I have attached diagnostics and screenshots

Also don't know how to change the min free space for cache as it's greyed out.

Thanks for the help in advance!

chrome_2021-12-22_20-33-38.png

chrome_2021-12-22_20-40-17.png

putty_2021-12-22_20-33-11.png

tower-diagnostics-20211222-2033.zip

Edited by Krobbinsit
addition of cache free space
1 hour ago, Krobbinsit said:

As soon as I did that the cache drive filled back up

Your isos share is set to use cache = prefer.  If there is space on the cache drive, isos will be moved there by the mover.  Several of your shares (d---------s, M---a and others) are set to use cache = yes.  Anything being written to those shares will go to cache if there is room.

Click on View (folder icon) on the cache drive from the Main screen.  What does it show is on cache?  This is what I see on my cache drive, just as expected.

image.png.bdf9353fa3324decd82b494c101dd09e.png

1 hour ago, Krobbinsit said:

Also don't know how to change the min free space for cache as it's greyed out.

Stop the array to change this setting.

Edited by Hoopster
12 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Your isos share is set to use cache = prefer.  If there is space on the cache drive, isos will be moved there by the mover.  Several of your shares (d---------s, M---a and others) are set to use cache = yes.  Anything being written to those shares will go to cache if there is room.

I changed all shares from using cache except appdata and transcode which is a temp transcode share for plex. started the mover but it seems another mb was written to the cache and is still full. Seems more is being written.

Also IOS there is nothing in it but I set it not to use cache but the folder is still in there.

If you look at the cache usage in the folders and it says 0 MB used. I am confused. 

Added another diagnostic file 

chrome_2021-12-23_10-19-56.png

chrome_2021-12-23_10-20-22.png

chrome_2021-12-23_10-20-52.png

tower-diagnostics-20211223-1027.zip

10 minutes ago, Krobbinsit said:

Also IOS there is nothing in it but I set it not to use cache but the folder is still in there.

Before setting it to No, you want to first set it to Yes and run mover to get anything off the cache.   With the No setting mover ignores the share so anything on cache is left there.

there is also a ‘bug’ in 6.10.0 rc2 release where you have to stop and restart the array ti be certain that changes to the Use Cache setting take effect.

So doing the suggested cache settings for the shares didn't help. It did mess up my dockers, and when I reverted to a back up it fixed the issue with the cache drive. 

Don't ask me why this fixed it maybe someone else can explain.chrome_2021-12-23_14-26-09.thumb.png.5e1e8c2653e6670490255b191bab1140.png

Cache is slowly fill back up! :/?

Edited by Krobbinsit