Unable to get to GUI, Help!

So recently after a power outage I've been unable to use the IP address to access the GUI through the web browser. I can still find the server on my network and can access my files but cannot do anything else. Dockers also still work as i can access radar.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix this so I can access the GUI again?

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

The diagnostics are a single zip file - please post that instead of all the files inside the zip.

I have deleted all those attachments.

@Saharan

If you think your browser has downloaded a bunch of folders and files with a single click (not possible) it is because your computer is configured to automatically open zip files.

Go to where your browser normally downloads files, find that single diagnostics zip file it downloaded, and attach it to your NEXT post in this thread.

29 minutes ago, trurl said:

I have deleted all those attachments.

@Saharan

If you think your browser has downloaded a bunch of folders and files with a single click (not possible) it is because your computer is configured to automatically open zip files.

Go to where your browser normally downloads files, find that single diagnostics zip file it downloaded, and attach it to your NEXT post in this thread.

Oh my bad, Here is the diagnostic zip file.

tower-diagnostics-20220106-1934.zip

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Don't know if this applies to your situation or not

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#How_to_access_your_server_when_DNS_is_down

I just tried turning ssl off via the command in the instructions use_ssl_no but its saying that command is not found.

Im at a loss on what to do, been a week trying to fix this. Have asked help from other forums too.

Im thinking of just reinstalling unraid and starting over. how could I go about this but still retaining all the data on my harddrives? is there a safe way without having to manually move everything off the server onto a external hard drive?

Do you have a backup of flash?

All of your configuration (any settings from the webUI) is in the config folder on flash and that can be used on a new install.

All the data on your drives will still be there even if you start with a new install and no configuration, you would just have to assign your disks (and make sure no data disk is assigned to a parity slot).

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

What exactly do you mean? Ping? Telnet/SSH? Using IP or using its name "tower"?

I mean I can still see it under the network folder as tower and am able to access all my shares and files. I'm still able to access the whole file system and can transfer files and folders from and to the server.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have a backup of flash?

All of your configuration (any settings from the webUI) is in the config folder on flash and that can be used on a new install.

All the data on your drives will still be there even if you start with a new install and no configuration, you would just have to assign your disks (and make sure no data disk is assigned to a parity slot).

I do not. Could I just plug the unraid boot USB into my windows computer and get a backup that way?

Is there a command I could type in to unraid console see what drives are being used as what? That way I can write down what drive is the parity drive and not risk losing any of my data.

BTW, Thank you for the help. It is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, trurl said:

yes

That information is available in several places in the diagnostics you posted, take a look in the smart folder, for example.

ok, so I installed a clean unraid again and am able to access the GUI again. 

Could you just tell me where exactly I need to look for the backup and how I would now apply that?

7 hours ago, Saharan said:

where exactly I need to look for the backup

11 hours ago, trurl said:

your configuration (any settings from the webUI) is in the config folder on flash

Did you copy it from the flash drive before the new install?

Going forward, you should always have a current backup of the flash drive. You can download one from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup

My Servers feature can also store a flash backup on limetech (Unraid) cloud.

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers

• Thanks 1

A bit late to the party, but it would appear that all you would have had to do is access the server via https://IPAdress (note: you must type HTTPS) and accept the warning.  Not quite sure what "command" you were trying to do as I don't see any command listed in the wiki entry about gaining access to the server in that situation.

The via Settings - Management Access just hit Update DNS.  There is a background process running that does this on a schedule, but it's been vastly improved on 6.10 and going forward shouldn't really cause the same issues (although there may be a time period when you won't be able to gain access while the system sorts out the new WAN)

The root cause here is odds on your modem received a new WAN IP address after the power failure, so the DNS (use SSL:Auto / yes) did not resolve to the correct WAN IP