Having trouble logging in to 6.10 RC4. Password not remembered by unraid?

Hi,

I have always used a password to login to unraid but since upgrading to 6.10 (now on RC4) it keeps 'forgetting' my password. I use Lastpass to remember my passwords and am sure this is working correctly but after logging out it won't accept the password on login. Twice now I have gone through the password recovery process, put the flash drive in another PC created a new password (saved to lastpass) and all works fine but the next time I want to login it says the password is incorrect. I never had this issue with previous stable versions of unraid, it always logged in just fine. 

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Adam

Have you tried on another browser ?

Have you tried to type or paste the password manually to be sure that it is not an issue with Lastpass ?

I have no problem myself using 6.10.0RC4 with Firefox and Lastpass.

But I remember reading someone having issues with the password manager a few days/weeks back. Can't find the post though. :/ 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Maybe the file where the password is stored on the flashdrive is damage and/or read only ?

Not sure what file it might be though. I'm sure someone knows.

It is stored in   /config/shadow   and the value is actually the hash of the true password.   That hash is the second parameter in the line for the user   root

EDIT:  A word of caution, do NOT post up that hash value.  I am the feeling that it could be a simple task to recover your Unraid root password unless your password is at least fifteen thirteen characters long!

Edited by Frank1940
I admit to a bit of hyerbole