freshman - can't connect to webui

H!

I'm trying to get my first unraid server up and running. Unfortunately I fail connecting to the webui...!?

DHCP-Server and VLANs are configured with my pfsense. The unraid server gets the IP and changing the VLANs does not solve the problem.

I can ping the server but connecting by IP I do get 'connection refused' again and again. 

As unraid is configured to use DHCP I thought connecting to the server isn't that much of a deal... but I was wrong....

Is there anything I have to consider?

Kind regards,

Tom

Okay, after several different usb-sticks, the result is the same. 

server answers the ping command but the gui isn't reachable. Only for one single second there was hope to reach the server as I saw the message that the connection isn't secure. That's it.  Not usable, if it is just pure luck to have the server reachable.

Really asking for money for this? 

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your short dated reply. 

I do have eth0 configured as the only interface getting an IP and no bonding but it is the same 'connection refused'. 

I used brave, firefox and even ms edge but still no connection possible.

Edited by DerTom

You're getting an IP address same as before but from a different subnet:

now 192.168.72.151

before 10.246.13.163

That suggests some issue with the network config, try simplifying the connection as much as possible to star, i.e., connect the server directly to the router, no vlan, no pfsense, then see if you can't access it like that, by name or IP.

Yes, used another Switch-port... 

Connected the unraid-server to the router and the webui was there... great! But which ports or services does unraid need to work properly, that have to be configured with the firewall or the unifi-network?

As my setup works for Proxmox, Unifi, tvheadend, some other docker-VMs I just don't get what is so special about the unraid webui!?

1 hour ago, DerTom said:

Connected the unraid-server to the router and the webui was there... great! But which ports or services does unraid need to work properly, that have to be configured with the firewall or the unifi-network?

The webgui uses whatever ports are configured under Settings->Management Access (default of 80 for the GUI)