V6.9.2 Unable to downoad Apps

Hi folks,

I am new to Unraid but quite excited at the prospect of whats possible. I am an experienced IT bod who started on mainframes in 1987 and I currently working in Information Security for a european enterprise.

Despite all this experience, I cannot for the life of me work out how to install new apps. I have the CA installed, that bit as straightforwrad but all the docs and videos say you just click the download button ... I can see the apps listed but there appears to be no download button anywhere.

I was hoping to use the pre-clear plugin on any new drives before assigning them but I can't install it.

I've attaced an image of what I see in Apps and what I see if I select an app

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot1.png

Edited by sailingbikeruk

WAG without looking or more info, but I'm guessing the install button is missing because of compatibility with the version of Unraid you are on? Maybe go to tools, update OS, and select the next branch to install 6.10rc8 and see how that works for you.

BTW, preclear is kind of a red headed stepchild, as it's not really needed for most people, the issue it solved has been taken care of internally by Unraid for MANY (10ish?) years, so the only use is really just for extended testing, which can be accomplished many other ways.

Ok thanks for the info on Pre-Clear, I did atch a video from spaceinvader1 and realised that it wasnt necessray as I am moving tried and tested disks, but its still a bumber that I can't install apps and there is no information about why.

The help (I assume this ? is help) does nothing, I am just stuck. I'll look at 6.10rc2  but given i'll be storing lots of photos and famliy memorabilia I'd rather be on a stable version than a relase client.

I logged in from a different machine this evening and I can now see the install button, I think that I must have been loading an old cached page or some such nonsense. Either that or I was too eager and tried to early on in the build.

I have now managed to install several community apps so this topic can be closed. For anyone finding it later this was the sequence of events:

Load Unraid and boot

Add CA plugin

Attempt to add apps (fail - no install button)

Add three drives

Create Parity drive

Create cache pool

Add disk to array

Check through the day at progress and each time check the CA plugin - still no install button (yes I did refresh)

Raise this topic

Leave and come back - login from home PC rather than my work PC (both on the same LAN) Apps not show Install

Thanks to thse who replied but it seems to have caught up with itself and whlist I dont know what was wrong, there is nothing to troublehsoot anymore