UI locked up overnight

I woke up to find that the GUI was locked up and not able to access it. None of my dockers were accessible either. I was able to access the disks and shares directly from the machine but it seemed much slower than normal. Ended up having to reboot the server and things seem to be normal now except for the log is starting to fill up quickly.

Just found out about syslog server and unfortunately it was not enabled before the reboot. I have that running now in case it happens again.

I've attached diagnostics and hopefully this would help pin point what may have caused it.

afterdark-diagnostics-20220517-0936.zip

Your syslog is filling with these

May 17 08:11:01 afterdark kernel: ata3: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
May 17 08:11:01 afterdark kernel: ata4: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
May 17 08:11:02 afterdark kernel: ata5: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
May 17 08:11:02 afterdark kernel: ata6: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)

Maybe controller problem

I have a HP 468405-002 SAS Expander so it would be this controller right? If it's starting to die or be an issue, is there another way to test to make sure it is? All of my HDD on the array go through here. Caches are nvme drives which are an ASUS Hyper M.2 via PCI.

You might be referring to my other post that you helped me on too. Overtime, if the log filled up to 100% would that cause the GUI to freeze like it did overnight? 

I'm on a Gigabyte GA-7PESH board. I can look in the BIOS but not quite sure where I would start to find the issue. Any guidance is appreciated.