[Plugin] LXC Plugin

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

so that your DNS server never goes down and nobody yells at you why the Internet is not working when the main PiHole is down

The yelling at me is always going to happen, I don't think I can prevent that even if I had a 5 person IT department working under me at my house with 99.9% uptime. :)

If I have to do a fast reboot on my router while setting something up, it's a chorus of "what's wrong with the wifi?"

I'm running AdGuard Home (in place of PiHole) on the same system as pfSense, so if the system goes down, it's everything gone. I'd like to have some redundancy for the entire system using other servers I already have, but at the moment it's a question of some extra cabling work and configuration on switches - which I need some time to figure out.

I'd otherwise be pretty nervous about relying on general-purpose hardware to run this stuff, but I've had amazing stability with Unraid for over 5 years, I had no reservations about setting up a dedicated system for routing/firewall/dns/proxy.

• Haha 1