HBA Help: Not seeing drives in server, but think i see the HBA in syslog

Hey All, 

I am still learning, but trying to figure out what my issue is. I am trying to upgrade my current unRaid server, i ran out of SATA ports for HDs and bought a HBA LSI SAS card from bitdeals along with some SAS HD's, because they are significantly cheaper than SATA comparable drives from bitdeals. 

What i bought is this.. https://bitdeals.tech/collections/controllers/products/lsi-sas-9211-8i-hba

LSI SAS 9211-8i HBA

I connected a few SAS HDs to the HBA via SAS breakout cable. The cable i used is this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BW1U1GS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SFF-8087 to SFF-8482

I thought originally that the HBA was not functional, but I see LEDs on it and when i feel the SAS HDs, they feel like they are spinning, so unsure where to go from here.. this is kinda the limit to my knowledge on using HBA and SAS drives, this is my first time trying an HBA. 

In the syslog i found this mentioned.. 

"Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: LSISAS2008: FWVersion(12.00.00.00), ChipRevision(0x03), BiosVersion(07.23.01.00)
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: Protocol=(Initiator), Capabilities=(Raid,TLR,EEDP,Snapshot Buffer,Diag Trace Buffer,Task Set Full,NCQ)
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: scsi host1: Fusion MPT SAS Host
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: sending port enable !!
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: hba_port entry: 000000007b149c7d, port: 255 is added to hba_port list
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: host_add: handle(0x0001), sas_addr(0x500605b00542ac20), phys(8)
Jun  5 18:03:15 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: port enable: SUCCESS"

But... none of the SAS HDs are showing up on the server that I can tell and I don't see them as a device listed in the Bios. 

Thank you JorgeB for your reply, i ended up getting help over on the reddit that my HBA is in fact working, but my HBA is in IR mode and i need to flash it to IT mode ive been told to be able to use it in unRaid, but im having lots of issue with that. Im currently trying to research it more, because i tried multiple systems trying to use freedos, but kept getting the pal error, which means i need to use efi version of flash tool, but im not understanding or doing something wrong creating a bootable efi version, because all the writeups ive followed so far have not allowed me to boot into that version. 

So latest update, i managed to figure out how to boot into efi shell after numerious different attempt methods.. found this video to actually work.. Now the issue im having is when i boot up the system into unRaid i am not seeing the SAS drives plugged into the HBA now... I flashed the HBA into IT mode using 2118it.bin and mptsas2.rom

So i have to figure out how to get the drives to show up.... not sure if there are additional steps im overlooking to get them to show up in unRaid...