2 NICS randomly switching IP every reboot

Hi everyone.

I just installed a secondary NIC on my unraid server. I noticed that every reboot the ip address switches between this 2 NIC. I have to go to the console to reboot it several times until ip address switches to the correct NIC.

any network setting i might have missed to fix the ip addresses to the appropriate NICS?

thanks!

On 6/18/2022 at 9:07 PM, Frank1940 said:

Are you talking about the addresses assigned for eth0 and eth1?

Do the MAC addresses switch also?  (Do the MAC addresses 'stick' to the IP address or to eth0/eth1 assignment?)

Hi. The NICs doesn't switch. I use the mac address to identify if the NICs get the correct IP. The NICS get randomly assigned to eth0 or eth1, .

Jul  2 00:47:27 Unraid kernel: Hypervisor detected: VMware

Can you run Unraid natively.

In this setup the network interfaces are not being detected by udev and hence no rules file is created, this results in random selection each time the system is started.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bonienl said:
Jul  2 00:47:27 Unraid kernel: Hypervisor detected: VMware

Can you run Unraid natively.

In this setup the network interfaces are not being detected by udev and hence no rules file is created, this results in random selection each time the system is started.

Hi,

Is this a limitation in running unraid on ESXi?