Shares and data 'missing' from array after update & cfg restore.

I updated the to the latest version of unRAID and proceeded to restore all my cfg and plugin files via ssh.

However, everything is wrong. My shares are completely gone, it has the drives in the incorrect order on the array including  one drive as parity that was not a parity drive ever before. Even in the Main tab it says each disk has only 10gb of data on them when it should be close to 1-2 tb. I'm a photographer and my entire back catalogue exists only on that array. It would be the end of the world if it disappeared but I would be saddened quite a bit.

So the way I updated must be incorrect. I installed the latest version unRAID on a new USB stick and then I cp -r from the old /boot/config to the new /boot/config. The reall y unfortunate bit is the original USB is gone. It fell out of my picket at work at some point and I have no idea at what point. I do have all the original cfg files and plugins copied to a folder on my desktop however. I can post the diagnostic when I get home later this evening. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread.

Why did you want to use a new flash drive? Your Unraid license only works with the flash drive it was registered with. You will have to transfer your license to the new flash.

20 minutes ago, mrskc303 said:

I installed the latest version unRAID on a new USB stick and then I cp -r from the old /boot/config to the new /boot/config.

The fact that you were using linux command to do this makes me wonder which computer you did it on. Was it your Unraid server? You should never have 2 Unraid flash drives plugged in at the same time.

Do you have a current backup of that original  flash? That would be the best way to get your config going again.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device

2 hours ago, mrskc303 said:

All I have is the /boot/config directory.

That is what I was asking about.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

The fact that you were using linux command to do this makes me wonder which computer you did it on. Was it your Unraid server? You should never have 2 Unraid flash drives plugged in at the same time.

How exactly did you get that /boot/config directory?

3 hours ago, mrskc303 said:

Originally I navigated to that directory through putty or the web gui cli can't remember which. I got it to my desktop  using a usb stick

Still not completely clear. Did you have both Unraid flash drives plugged in to your server at the same time?

20 hours ago, trurl said:

Still not completely clear. Did you have both Unraid flash drives plugged in to your server at the same time?

I copied the files to my share and pulled them down to my windows machine that way. Upon further inspection I may have confused myself. I'm looking at the usb and it's the one I thought was gone it looks like I reinstalled on the original usb. I remember thinking I must have used a different one because you wanted me to reactivate and I had to contact support. I do appreciate y'all's help. But I don't have a good feeling about all this. Is there anyway test disk could pull the data? Or is written. Only in a way unRAID can understand? 

23 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Do you have a previous flash backup or do you know how every device was assigned?

I have to remember the exact order in the array? No unfortunately not. This has been my first deep delve into going self hosted and I didn't realize how high stakes some of my mistakes were.