Multiple device disables after displaying some error

Hello,

I am coming to you for help with my unraid array.
I just noticed that 3 of my disks had errors and that 2 of them were in the "disable" state.
On top of that one of the two disks has the following error: "Unmountable: Wrong or no file system".

I have restarted my server in "safe mode" and I don't know what to do. The last time I had the case of a disk with errors and disable status I had to replace it, but now it's 2 disks at the same time which seems strange.

regarding the error I have seen the command "xfs_repair -v /dev/xxx" but I don't know if it applies in my situation.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

image.png

mark1-diagnostics-20220706-2034.zip

Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings.

Looks like disk1 didn't mount, and parity and disk1 are disabled. You must have rebooted after that happened since nothing in syslog to tell how it happened.

Both of those disks look OK. Connection problems are much more common than bad disks. Do any of your disks have SMART warnings on the Dashboard page?

I did a SMART test on both disks, no errors.
I switched to MAINTENANCE MODE and removed then added disk 1. I then launched the SYNC. The disk is being rebuilt with normal speed.

image.thumb.png.7969d9752f0905e584eabd1f06958331.png

image.png.d63effffca100661b050df71d8fd3f41.png

If the first disk rebuilds properly, I would do the same with the second.

Is there a way to remount the disabled disk without having to reset it and rebuild it?

Since disk1 was unmountable, you are rebuilding an unmountable filesystem. We usually recommend repairing the filesystem before rebuilding on top, just to make sure the filesystem can be repaired. Or rebuilding to a spare so the original can be worked with if there are problems with rebuild/repair.

Too late now, you will have to repair disk1 filesystem after it is rebuilt.

I assume by the "second" disk you are referring to parity, since that is the other disabled disk. It will have to be rebuilt also. You could have rebuilt both at once since you have dual parity. The word "mount" doesn't apply to parity since it has no filesystem to mount.

So the disk 1 rebuild is complete, the rebuilding of the file system went smoothly.

After reboot no more errors for this disk. Parity 1 disk rebuild is in progress with normal speed.

I just have one more problem, all my VMs are gone. I checked, the Vdisk are still present, but I think there must be a problem with the libvirt.img file ?

I tried to re-create a VM and then assign it an existing vdisk but without success for the moment.