GUI blew up me face :( Now what

1 hour ago, trurl said:

If syslog doesn't say there is any corruption I would just keep going.

And don't fill cache or any other disk.

You do have backups of anything important and irreplaceable?

Yes I do have backups offsite and cloud for everything important and irreplaceable.

But why the question?  Do you consider this system unstable and prone to further corruption?

The parity check came back with zero errors and now the disconnected drive is being rebuilt as we speak.

With that I think the system is stable?  Should I attach another diagnostic after all is done?

UNI.JPG

Edited by johnwhicker
45 minutes ago, johnwhicker said:

But why the question?  Do you consider this system unstable and prone to further corruption?

All systems are prone to data loss at some point, stuff eventually fails. Backups should be an ongoing thing, it's just when someone experiences errors it can be a wake up call to make sure their backup routine is working for them.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

All systems are prone to data loss at some point, stuff eventually fails. Backups should be an ongoing thing, it's just when someone experiences errors it can be a wake up call to make sure their backup routine is working for them.

Agreed, makes sense and is a good reminder. I do have 2 copies offline (hard drive and second UnRaid server) and another copy on cloud. I hope I am covered :)