We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Seeking insight into a few weirdnesses

Diagnostics attached.

- I had my first parity check scheduled to run during the night, starting at 1am and running for 6 hours, then continuing over the next days (mostly to check the scheduling function). It started at 1am as intended, at 7am the log contains a

Jul 18 07:00:01 Unraid kernel: mdcmd (162): cmdCheckPause

but this had no effect, the check went on until I paused it myself half an hour later, the command in the log is different:

Jul 18 07:27:13 Unraid kernel: mdcmd (163): nocheck pause

- The syslog is full of lsof segfaults every 20 seconds last night. The period during which this happens seems to conincide with the machine providing the "KILRAH_unraidbackup" smb mount in unassigned devices being unavailable. Hasn't been a problem before, and a segfault seems like an issue that shouldn't happen regardless...

Jul 18 07:22:09 Unraid kernel: traps: lsof[2641] general protection fault ip:14e6681a66ae sp:24782f2d8f6e5f77 error:0 in libc-2.33.so[14e66818d000+15e000]
Jul 18 07:22:29 Unraid kernel: traps: lsof[3152] general protection fault ip:146379ec66ae sp:a2ecf1f39630b6e6 error:0 in libc-2.33.so[146379ead000+15e000]
Jul 18 07:22:49 Unraid kernel: traps: lsof[3981] general protection fault ip:151f2c46a6ae sp:f5db90ca427d645b error:0 in libc-2.33.so[151f2c451000+15e000]
Jul 18 07:23:09 Unraid kernel: traps: lsof[4867] general protection fault ip:14c2c62b26ae sp:dc115d8693ddf67e error:0 in libc-2.33.so[14c2c6299000+15e000]

- When downloading diagnostics it is for quite a while going over a list of files that don't exist, they used to but were deleted a few days ago. How would it still know about them? The only thing that's in this folder is a tar right now, and it doesn't even contain such files.

image.thumb.png.3dc646a05e22d7a1857dbbe902b59dea.png

image.png.174ef50e223c1e1fe1d3360c24ca6b3a.png

Edited by Kilrah

Any insight?

The cumulative parity check did not auto-restart on the 2nd day (I restarted manually) nor did it stop again even if there are log entries for both events.

Leads me to think there must be a bug and the cumulative thing doesn't work...

Edited by Kilrah
31 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

The cumulative parity check did not auto-restart on the 2nd day (I restarted manually) nor did it stop again even if there are log entries for both events.

Leads me to think there must be a bug and the cumulative thing doesn't work...

An alternative is to use the Parity Check Tuning plugin that DOES work with the 6.10.3 release (as well as earlier releases) and gives you even more control over the process than the built-in functionality.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, itimpi said:

An alternative is to use the Parity Check Tuning plugin that DOES work with the 6.10.3 release (as well as earlier releases) and gives you even more control over the process than the built-in functionality.

Thanks, had installed and looked at it but removed since I didn't care for the extra control and the built-in thing offered what I wanted... I've set it back up now.

55 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Thanks, had installed and looked at it but removed since I didn't care for the extra control and the built-in thing offered what I wanted... I've set it back up now.

Fair enough, but with the correct settings it will replicate the built-in 6.10.3 functionality. 

Just now, Kilrah said:

Yep that's how I've set it up now. It's just that it didn't seem necessary if the functionality I wanted was built-in. Obviously if it's broken it's another story...

Another thing that you get for ‘free’ with the plugin installed is enhanced Parity Check history as it adds extra items such as the type of check, the number of increments and the total duration.   This can be useful if at a later date you want to look back at the history of parity checks.  You get this even if you are using the built-in parity check functionality (when it is working as expected) and have disabled the plugins pause/resume functionality.

• Like 1