Extra Non-Existant Unassigned Drive

Greetings,

I have been having an issue recently where additional unassigned drives have been populating on my dashboard under the Unassigned category.

Currently I only have 2 mounted drives for Plex usage and 1 Precleared drive pending being added to my array at a later date. However, I occasionally get a 4th Dev device (and on occasion even a 5th, 6th, and even 7th) listed on the dash board even if the Main Array panel shows only the 3 drives..

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

I have included my diagnostic files as well.

Typically the extra Dev device(s) disappear after a reboot of the server.

I'm kinda at a loss on this...

image.png.af8f942d2873cd940169687fa76d62ef.png

image.png.04dc110024545c43002f643bedfe2953.png

multimediaserv-diagnostics-20220724-0850.zip

50 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

Greetings,

I have been having an issue recently where additional unassigned drives have been populating on my dashboard under the Unassigned category.

Currently I only have 2 mounted drives for Plex usage and 1 Precleared drive pending being added to my array at a later date. However, I occasionally get a 4th Dev device (and on occasion even a 5th, 6th, and even 7th) listed on the dash board even if the Main Array panel shows only the 3 drives..

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

I have included my diagnostic files as well.

Typically the extra Dev device(s) disappear after a reboot of the server.

I'm kinda at a loss on this...

image.png.af8f942d2873cd940169687fa76d62ef.png

image.png.04dc110024545c43002f643bedfe2953.png

multimediaserv-diagnostics-20220724-0850.zip 230.48 kB · 1 download

What output do you get from cat /usr/local/emhttp/state/devs.ini ?

The 3 drives show up and also this:

["dev4"]
name="dev4"
id="ST1000NM0023_35000c50058d735ff"
device="sdj"
sectors="1953525168"
sector_size="512"
rotational="1"
spundown="1"
temp="*"
numReads="2688949"
numWrites="5236"

Which is odd because the identifier sdj is another drive my array is using... ST1000NM0023_Z1W2B5WF00009442RURN - 1 TB (sdj)

Could i have a corrupted Unraid install?

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Does 'Dev 4' or any other array device ever show up in the UD GUI?  If it does, post a screen shot of the UD page.

Could you clarify where that page is? The only pages that hold UD information that i know of are on the Dashboard, Main tab, and the Unassigned Devices Settings page (which doesn't show the individual devices. I have already posted photos of what i see in the Dashboard and Main Tab for UD. I cant seem to find any other location that holds Unassigned Device information.

1 hour ago, ozma64 said:

Is this the page you are talking about?

That is the page.  It's titled "Unassigned Devices" and is the one I wanted to see.

What's troubling is that the sdj device is an array device, but Unraid is showing it as unassigned.  Usually when this happens, the array disk will momentarily unattach and the re-attach and get a new sdX designation.  I'll review your diagnostics again and see if I can see evidence of this.

And was the "Dev 4" device showing in the Dashboard when you took this screen shot?  The reason I asked is that in your original posting, Dev 4 shows on the Dashboard and not the UD page.  That's highly unlikely if the sdj device is in the devs.ini file as you earlier showed.  I'm trying to figure out why it is not showing on the UD page when it really should.  Then I'd be able to track down why it shows as an unassigned device in Unraid.

Let's try a couple things:

• Click on the double arrows on the Unassigned Devices header.  This will tell Unraid to refresh unassigned devices.  See if it changes the Dashboard display or the UD page.
  • Remove the Unassigned Devices plugin and see what the stock Unassigned Devices page shows.   Does it show the "Dev 4" device?  Caution: Your UD devices will unmount, so do it at a time when you can have the two UD mounted disks unmount.
20 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Let's try a couple things:

• Click on the double arrows on the Unassigned Devices header.  This will tell Unraid to refresh unassigned devices.  See if it changes the Dashboard display or the UD page.
  • Remove the Unassigned Devices plugin and see what the stock Unassigned Devices page shows.   Does it show the "Dev 4" device?  Caution: Your UD devices will unmount, so do it at a time when you can have the two UD mounted disks unmount.

Yes, it is only showing the Dev4 device on the dashboard and INI file. Everywhere else it is not showing up.

When refreshing the UD page listing, it remained the same, Dev4 did not show up on it but remained on dash board and INI file.

However, when i uninstalled UD from the server, the Dev4 drive disappeared from the Dashboard and INI file.

So if that is the case, im imagining this isnt an issue with Unraid but UD instead. Do you concur?

I can but i need to find a part for me system Fan. For some reason whenever i have the WebGUI for Unraid up, it periodically maxes out my fan speed intermittently. However, then i upgrade to 6.10 it does it intermittently at all times, not just when i have the WebGUI up.. im not sure what is causing it but i ordered a part due to this to take my fan's PWM off the motherboard and move it to an adjustable turn knob on the back of the server.. I just havent had the chance to install it yet, so i was when i start digging into m HDD upgrades that im doing. So ill have it upgraded eventually.