[SOLVED] 6.10.3 Bad nvme cache disk?

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Both docker.img and cache are readonly due to corruption. You can recreate docker.img after you fix cache. You may have to copy what you can from cache and reformat it.

Have you done memtest recently?

No, I'm afraid not.

I was just about to RMA the drive, but I'll see about forcing a reboot and doing that memtest instead.

Don't have ECC-memory on the server unfortunately.

Jul 26 12:51:19 unraid kernel: BTRFS error (device nvme0n1p1): block=230151340032 write time tree block corruption detected

Btrfs went read only because it detected corruption before writing the data to the device, this is usually bad RAM or something else causing kernel memory corruption.

P.S. also saw some macvlan call traces, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right))

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Jul 26 12:51:19 unraid kernel: BTRFS error (device nvme0n1p1): block=230151340032 write time tree block corruption detected

Btrfs went read only because it detected corruption before writing the data to the device, this is usually bad RAM or something else causing kernel memory corruption.

P.S. also saw some macvlan call traces, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right))

16 hours ago, trurl said:

Both docker.img and cache are readonly due to corruption. You can recreate docker.img after you fix cache. You may have to copy what you can from cache and reformat it.

Have you done memtest recently?

Wonder what could be causing this.

The RAM checked out fine and everything is running stock speeds.

Cache disk also seemed to be ok.

I like it better if a specific component just dies. At least then I know what the cause is! 😅

So, in conclusion:

- Copy what I can from cache drive if it is accessible after startup (appdata is most important here)

- Recreate docker.img on a separate ssd this time

- Reformat cache drive(?) and try using the same drive since the hw-tests came out OK

- Switch to ipvlan (thanks @JorgeB)

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Cache should mount normally after a reboot, backup anything you need, not sure re-formatting will help for this, but it won't hurt.

I ended up just deleting the docker.img and ran a scrub on the cache drive afterwards. It didn't find any errors.

After that I let the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin do it's thing and restarted docker.

Seems to be working fine again now.

• Like 1
  • DogeKitteh007 changed the title to [SOLVED] 6.10.3 Bad nvme cache disk?