Go to solution Solved by dlandon,

Hello all,

I have two Unraid servers. Server 1 stores my personal data, music collection and photos. The second server is my data storage for my backups, movie & series collection.

The Emby server runs as a Docker container on server 1. The shares movies & series are mounted with the unassigned devices plugin as remote SMB shares on server 1 and then mounted in the Docker container. When server 2 now goes into sleep mode, the Emby Docker container on server 1 crashes after some time (this can be a few hours). If I try to restart it and server 2 is still in sleep mode, it does not work. The Docker container can then no longer be started.

Is there any way I can implement my scenario cleanly so that the remote shares only work?

Screenshot 2022-08-11 104023.png

Screenshot 2022-08-11 104009.png

Thank you for your answer. If the datastore is in sleep mode, then the Docker container can no longer start. I don't know what the problem is either! Are there any log files I can provide? After some time the error message "Execution Error" comes up....

Unraid Version: Version: 6.10.3

UD Plugin: 2022.08.07

Screenshot 2022-08-11 135359.png

Edited by Pixelpaule
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Please excuse my late feedback, but the last time was a bit stressful and then I was still on vacation.
Unfortunately the problem still exists. When I look in the terminal under /mnt/disks/ "Remote Share Name", there is no data. But as soon as I change to the directory /mnt/remotes/ "Remote Share Name", the data is displayed accordingly. However including the shares in Emby Docker with /mnt/remotes/ "Remote Share Name" unfortunately results in an error and Emby can no longer be run when the remote server goes into stand by.

I hope someone can help me.

194864099_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-05um15_12_36.png.6a524f185c09f4e6fb1db9f765d40858.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-05 um 15.11.25.png

I use the offical Docker from the Emby. I have attached the diagnostic files.

@dlandon Sorry but i think i don't understand your first post. XD

You are correct, the path to my movies on the second unraid server (the remote server) ist /mnt/remotes/DATENLAGER_Filme/ as you can see in my screenshots from the "Apple" terminal. If i use /mnt/remotes/Datenlager_Filme/ in the Emby Docker settings, emby can access the data correctly if the server is started. But if the server goes to sleep mode the Docker container crash. If i use /mnt/disks/Datenlager_Filme/ emby can't access to the data. Not even if the remote server is started.

1354815621_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-07um18_17_04.thumb.png.c38eb467d33b391761485df212d93c54.png

heimzentrale-diagnostics-20220907-1818.zip

2 hours ago, Pixelpaule said:

Sorry but i think i don't understand your first post.

If you look at the failure of starting the docker, it is because Emby is trying to create the directory 'mkdir /mnt/remotes/DATENLAGER_filme/' and it fails because that mount point exists.  It was already created by UD.  I'm not understanding why a docker is trying to make a directory that should already exist and should be used to access existing media.

• Solution

It doesn't look like you are mapping the folders properly.  Emby is set to use /mnt/ and you map the media folders in the docker itself:

Screenshot 2022-09-07 154421.png

Once inside Emby, you select the folders for the media you want to use:

Screenshot 2022-09-07 154534.png

and choose the folders for each media type:

Screenshot 2022-09-07 154825.png

or probably the best approach:

Screenshot 2022-09-07 155120.png

Substitute your server name for 'Tower'.