[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Quicksync support is now present, it was pretty straightforward. May be limited to 10th gen and older, but can't confirm/test, it at least works on my 7th gen system.

Nvidia would be a whole other can of works if possible at all from what it looks like. 

Edited by Kilrah

Hi, sorry to bother you but i'm new to figuring out NC (I am using the multimedia version) but i've received a few errors in the logs for the cron-jobs. I wasn't sure what I should do/what my next steps should be?

> Nextcloud Container ID: 697e2f649a96
> Running Script: ./run-cron-php.sh
Your data directory is invalid.
Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

Cannot write into "apps" directory.
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the apps directory or disabling the App Store in the config file.

Your data directory is not writable.
Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/25/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions.

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

chown -R 33:33 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud-ffmpeg (adapt as needed)

and same on your storage directory if any should get you going

Thank you. I followed this instruction, and it did fix the cronjob issue but then I couldn't access my nextcloud.

So I went back a page cause I remembered someone had a similar issue, and that you gave them two possible solutions.

I took option 1 and changed the user in the template to "99:" and then changed ownership for both my data directory and nextcloud appdata folder to 99:100. 
Cron is now running every 15 min without issue and I can access nextcloud.
Thank you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, viviolay said:

I took option 1 and changed the user in the template to "99:" and then changed ownership for both my data directory and nextcloud appdata folder to 99:100.

Cool, when you said "the multimedia version" I assumed you meant my Nextcloud-ffmpeg but it seems you meant another one.

I'm wondering, every time I start my server I get the "your directory is readable by other users" error.

After bashing into the container and running chown -R www-data: /var/www/html the docker becomes useable normally but if I go to my admin panel I see this:

image.thumb.png.f2319f8064f5fc6f00017a1b5f23915e.png

And I can't get it to go away, which would be nice to get the Recognize app working. Any idea how I can solve this?

Edit: For clarification's sake, I've had this error ever since I installed the docker, even though it only works with a unraid share that's limited to one hard drive only.

Edited by kftX
4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What unraid version?

Should change the perms to 0770 on the share folder itself from unraid terminal, not from within the container.

Unraid 6.11.5

How do I change the perms from terminal? I remember trying to do that initially and only breaking it further. Also do I do it from within the nextcloud container or just as unraid root?

Thanks for your time!

46 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

chmod 0770 /mnt/user/<yournextcloudshare> in unraid terminal

I did that and NextCloud still works, but the message is still there telling me to chmod the folder. I did stop the docker, run the command and then start the docker again to make sure it'd work.