[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg

2 hours ago, SadRobot11 said:

i don't get to enter new password, I immediately get the whole prompt above. In case it is important, the admin user is the only user on my nextcloud.

There's no reason you should need to change password, if it doesn't work it's likely files aren't in the right places of there's a problem with the DB...

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You can just change the repo in your existing template, it's the same container with some packages added so it'll be directly compatible. And yes the knex template is a bit messy with the paths...

Okay, even if I understand them correctly, I can leave everything as it is and only change the source of in Docker

nextcloud:latest

to

kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg:26.0
?

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

There's no reason you should need to change password, if it doesn't work it's likely files aren't in the right places of there's a problem with the DB...

One thing I noticed is that when running occ commands the correct user was 99 instead of 33, but I don't see where this would be coming from. I did setup ownership for the data to 33 though and then I was able to get to the login page. Any idea if this could be the problem and how to fix it? 

A other thing is that when merging config files, I kept only some paths setup from new config, but replaced the instanceid and salt with info from LSIO config, was that a mistake? How to correctly merge config files? 

9 hours ago, SidM said:

Okay, even if I understand them correctly, I can leave everything as it is and only change the source of in Docker

to

?

Would be kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg:26 if you want to stick to 26 as a major version

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, SadRobot11 said:

One thing I noticed is that when running occ commands the correct user was 99 instead of 33, but I don't see where this would be coming from.

The LSIO container uses 99:100 as file owner etc but this one uses 33:33 so owner need to be changed

3 hours ago, SadRobot11 said:

A other thing is that when merging config files, I kept only some paths setup from new config, but replaced the instanceid and salt with info from LSIO config, was that a mistake? How to correctly merge config files?

I think when I did it I just took the LSIO one as is as a start and changed what was needed in it.

I added variable PUID and PGID to Nextcloud-ffmpeg container and set both to 33, I ran chown on the container appdata to 33:33. Now at least occ commands run with user 33, but I still can't get past the login page in webui. It doesn't complain about wrong password (I don't know if nextcloud would throw some message in this case or not). It just resets the page when I try to log in.

@Kilrah I have completely reinstalled Nexcloud--ffmpeg and MariaDB official as new planning to just populate new nextcloud data "naturally". And again I could not log in! Apparently this docker container webui doesn't work in firefox, as I checked and I can login in Edge. Is there some way to make it work in firefox?

20 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Works fine in firefox here...

I remember running into such an issue of getting back to the login page at some point with a test install months ago but can't recall what the issue was...

Clearing cache has helped... Omg, I wasted so much time for so simple issue lol. 

• Haha 1

"latest" is now 27. 

I hate how nextcloud had no proper release protocol, last time I got a notification from both their forums and nextcloud itself that a new release was available but it took them a week to release the new Docker image, this time the image has been out for a week but nothing ever notified.

Edited by Kilrah

Hello @Kilrah.

I've been using Linuxrepository's Nextcloud container for a good month now, but just got stuck on the mp4 thumbnail generation issue and doing a research here in the forums, I came across your topic.

This seems to fit the bill for me, but would it be possible to not lose my existing nextcloud config (users, passwords, files, permissions, apps, etc) and simply remove the existing linuxrepository container and install yours (by using all the same settings in the docker container as the ones uses on Linuxrepository's container)?

Or would I have to get rid of everything and start from scratch (removing all my previous nextcloud appdata along with it)?

Thanks!

On 6/20/2023 at 7:48 AM, SidM said:

to

?

Hello, @SidM. Seems like you're also on the same boat as me, and simply want to change to this container without losing any of your previous configs.

Were you able to do so by simply modifying the source of the docker containers above or did you have to change anything else?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Good day!

Unfortunately I've been having problems with Nextcloud since yesterday.
I noticed it when I couldn't access my data with my iPhone.
Then I just restarted Docker on my cell phone in the hope that it would help (of course not)
Then I was so "clever" and updated the container because it showed me an update and also had the hope that it would work again.
Then today I checked the log again while I was at rest on the PC.

This is in the log:

1926509401_2023-08-16(3).thumb.png.9971c85e73382916da38b5b54e98112c.png

I've searched the internet up and down, but can't find a solution.
However, the yellow message no longer appears in the LOG:

1352644163_2023-08-16(8).thumb.png.f125e855798bffff8fdf1ab0bab78ecd.png

Mariadb's log is also unremarkable:

125868498_2023-08-16(9).thumb.png.79670d1cb4fa4c108ba8a8e3630f529e.png

Where can and must I start? I'm very clueless right now.

46 minutes ago, SidM said:

How do they recognize that there is no communication between them?

Well the "no route to host" was that the system returned there was no way to reach the host configured as mariadb server...

Is it set by hostname or ip?

Check nextcloud's appdata is there, and how the mariadb server is defined in the config.php file

I was just able to narrow down the error or make Nextcloud work for the time being.

I switched the Nextcloud container from br:0 to bridge. (192.168.18.40) and host port 8222.
In the Config.php I added the IP to the trusted_domains.
In the Nginx proxy manager, I also switched the IP from my domain to the new IP.
Now I have access again.

That's nice at first, but it shouldn't stay like this.
However, "Host access to user-defined networks" is still activated in the Docker settings.
What could it be?

@Kilrah

Thank you very much for your help.

Nextcloud is running again as before!

What was the mistake?
I happened to see that my UPS was not accessible in IoBroker.
In Unraid, however, this was accessible and also provided current data (Unraid is the APCDamon for IoBroker)

That's why I restarted the server (I already had it yesterday) and then IoBroker reached the UPS again.

So Nextcloud changed back to br:0 and put the Config.php back and now everything is running as it should.

We had thunderstorms with power outage two days in a row.

However, the server is supported by the UPS and is shut down in a controlled manner. So I can't explain the behavior other than a hiccup.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I was trying to get nextcloud-cron installed in unraid, and I linked it to my existing nextCloud install but was not working. I tried mapping the directories from the nextcloud container over to the nextcloud-cron conntainer but found that it tries to run php which does not even exist on the the nextcloud-cron container so how does this even work ?