[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg

15 minutes ago, dandiodati said:

I was trying to get nextcloud-cron installed in unraid, and I linked it to my existing nextCloud install but was not working. I tried mapping the directories from the nextcloud container over to the nextcloud-cron conntainer but found that it tries to run php which does not even exist on the the nextcloud-cron container so how does this even work ?

Ok I see this container is supposed to do a docker exec into the other nextcloud one.

Hmm it seems this container(Nextcloud-cronjob) is very basic it has the ability to run extra scripts (put into the cron-scripts directory) but they all run at the same global setting, where as I want to configure times for different scripts. 

Sadly does not seem possible so I would have to make a custom version of this container or look at some other solution.

Edited by dandiodati
  • 2 months later...
On 1/1/2024 at 12:49 AM, Kilrah said:

Have you looked at that container's docs? No yaml involved, just env vars and possibly a script.

https://github.com/rcdailey/nextcloud-cronjob

The template is already set up for use with the official image, and there's a post in this thread about how to get it to work e.g. with lsio, even though you shouldn't need it.

I am clearly not intelligent here, github mentions environment variables are supposed to go into yaml, is there another place I'm supposed to place them, like config.php?

What's the installation process? I suspect the way I'm doing it is probably not the way is expected in the guide.

This is what I ran to install it:

docker run rcdailey/nextcloud-cronjob

This sees that no docker image exists and pulls it to install. This does not allow me to edit any configuration though prior to running it. Maybe I'm missing some docker command to configure the variables?

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this.

41 minutes ago, Facsimile8512 said:

This is what I ran to install it:

You're supposed to install it from Apps, just like any other container on unraid. That'll fill a template with standard conf variables, that you can change or add to if needed.

• Like 1

Hey there, racking my brain trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this docker.  I had it running fine with the lsio docker, but wanted to switch to this one for the ffmpeg support.  I've installed mariadb as normal and when I choose the db to connect to on install, I'm getting this error when I try to open nextcloud:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hello so i installed the container for nextcloud and CRON jobs but i can't create folders. I am using NGINX Proxy Manager. However what seems to be occuring is in the Nextcloud docker container it is using Apache and Apache restarts when I restart the container. I tried disabling Apache in the container itself but that shut the container down. How do I make Nextcloud fully use NGinx. The reason I say fully is I worked through all the other NGinx based errors last night and they took affect so I believe my issue is strictly Apache is enabled and getting in the way

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.11.55 AM.png

1 hour ago, ceverson said:

Hello so i installed the container for nextcloud and CRON jobs but i can't create folders. I am using NGINX Proxy Manager. However what seems to be occuring is in the Nextcloud docker container it is using Apache and Apache restarts when I restart the container. I tried disabling Apache in the container itself but that shut the container down. How do I make Nextcloud fully use NGinx. The reason I say fully is I worked through all the other NGinx based errors last night and they took affect so I believe my issue is strictly Apache is enabled and getting in the way

I'm wondering if the issue I'm having isn't somewhat related to yours.  I tried to re-install the LSIO docker of nextcloud and it worked fine again just now.  There's something different in the ffmpeg and official versions that seems to throw my system off.  It's like it can't see it's own data for some reason.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EC28 said:

I'm wondering if the issue I'm having isn't somewhat related to yours.  I tried to re-install the LSIO docker of nextcloud and it worked fine again just now.  There's something different in the ffmpeg and official versions that seems to throw my system off.  It's like it can't see it's own data for some reason.

I will try that in the meantime

Spoke too soon, now I'm getting errors with the LSIO one as well.  I did change the cache to exclusive though, so that may be a part of it as well.  They both like to try to mount on /mnt/cache/ and not /mnt/user/appdata/, so who knows what that throws off.  I'm just gonna have to wait on the man for some more help I think.  Let me know if you get it up and running.

5 hours ago, EC28 said:

I am having other issues there so not going to continue with that one. some seem similar but have issues for sure that are actually worse lol

So I have gotten it to this point by doing some heavy reading and trial and error.  Here is my template page.  I'm trying to keep things on the cache and keep things neat where I can change things and tinker when I want.  The cloud is actually up and running.  Had to use the commands from earlier in the thread to change ownership and permissions, but that let me install it into the appdata directory that I picked.  Or so I think anyway.  The problem is, I don't see any of the config files when I look for them.  The other screenshot shows all the files I see in the appdata folder.  So I have no idea where the actual config files are going.  In spite of that, you can see my cloud is up and running somehow.  This thing has one hell of a learning curve.

Untitled.png

Untitled01.png

Untitled02.png

Edited by EC28

I was going to share the chat with you but for the br2 one thats a bug as of right now i applied a workaround i found on nextclouds site but honestly that probably made things worse

The http that wasnt the error i had but you may need some advanced setup in nginx for that

the phone error is a config file line if you care about fixing that error

memcache you need to install redis and add a line to point to redis in the config file

email, just add email settings

Honestly though i havent made it far and to add clarification if i login as the default admin user i created at startup i can add folders etc

but if i add in as anyone else the option to add folders or create files doesnt show in a browser

I would very much be willing to start over

6 hours ago, EC28 said:

The problem is, I don't see any of the config files when I look for them.  The other screenshot shows all the files I see in the appdata folder.  So I have no idea where the actual config files are going. 

Untitled01.png

For some reason you mapped your appdata folder to a "/appdata" path in the container. That's not something the container uses or knows about, so right now all your config files are lost in the docker image.

image.png.78943e9135e3044c18d21a569c181004.png

The container stores its things in /var/www/html as can see in the original template:

image.png.bd4fc5bcc2c561c4d4915ba045d569ba.png

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

For some reason you mapped your appdata folder to a "/appdata" path in the container. That's not something the container uses or knows about, so right now all your config files are lost in the docker image.

image.png.78943e9135e3044c18d21a569c181004.png

The container stores its things in /var/www/html as can see in the original template:

image.png.bd4fc5bcc2c561c4d4915ba045d569ba.png

Got it.  I can live with it there.  I'm really just using Nextcloud to be able to share external storage with other people, so it's fine.

One other thing though, my nginx proxy manager doesn't seem to be working with it.  Is there something special I need to do in NPM or the config to be able to access it externally?  Thanks for the help, this container is blazing fast.

Edited by EC28
7 hours ago, Kilrah said:

The container serves nextcloud using Apache. Your external nginx only redirects traffic to that.

And where in the container is the apache config located? Resolving Nginx Reverse Proxy issues requires changing some of that config file.

18 minutes ago, rjdipcord said:

And where in the container is the apache config located? Resolving Nginx Reverse Proxy issues requires changing some of that config file.

Looks like the Apache Config is in

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf

This is a hidden directory though. If running a shell within the container, use

ls -a

to see it.