[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That works too, the actual solution is just what it says, change the perms of the data directory (default /mnt/user/nextcloud) to 0770.

One of my biggest struggles has been not knowing where to find these locations in the terminal.

14 minutes ago, Daver1 said:

I will now start googling my way through the below.

image.thumb.png.9980dc0f38f1a8cd0033bddc16625c19.png

The first 4 warnings/errors probably all require changes to my webserver config file, but i cant for the life of me find out how to get to it......

I have only even found out about linux system this last year and plex/radarr/sonarr/overseerr are about the limit of my use cases so far. I literally have no idea what i am doing. I dont even know where to start learning so I am just going by trial and error.

So the first 4 i have fixed with adding # before each line, as below in my (nano /mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf) file

image.png.dbf44cf58e885b58373e102c0596372c.png

Is that known as uncommenting the line? 

As for "The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds." I cant find the below line in that conf file

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000;

Edited by Daver1

Note that the last one will never go away, nextcloud themselves decide to not add it to the contiainer they provide and it's never been a problem. 

20 hours ago, Daver1 said:

One of my biggest struggles has been not knowing where to find these locations in the terminal.

Well e.g. /mnt/user/nextcloud is precisely there...

Edited by Kilrah
1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Note that the last one will never go away, nextcloud themselves decide to not add it to the contiainer they provide and it's never been a problem. 

Well e.g. /mnt/user/nextcloud is precisely there...

As a comment from your reply - When I open terminal I type "/mnt/user/nextcloud" and there is no result..

I know enough to understand there has to be a structured command i.e.

nano /mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf

Perhaps there is a better to access these logs? I will try and figure out how I can access the Appdata via my windows PC, on the same network.

Anyhow, thank you for all your help with this! you have done some great work and have followed up with some very patient and clear support - I respect that greatly!

Ill leave it here as I think my next problems will resolved by learning more about the file structures and accessing the config files.

Edited by Daver1
12 minutes ago, Daver1 said:

When I open terminal I type "/mnt/user/nextcloud" and there is no result.

Yeah because that's not a command... for example in this case you'd

cd /mnt/user - to go to the parent folder

chmod 0770 nextcloud - to change the perms of the nextcloud folder

Best to get acquainted with linux terminal and commands, maybe in a VM? :D

12 minutes ago, Daver1 said:

I will try and figure out how I can access the Appdata via my windows PC, on the same network.

Accessing appdata from a samba share is always problematic because of permissions.

Install the Dynamix File Manager plugin and then you can do most file operations and editing from within unraid's GUI, including the permissions change discussed above.

Edited by Kilrah

great info!! thank you :) this will be super helpfull going forwared!

however, it hasnt worked - this setup leaves me unable to log in.

image.png.a01c1c26196a19c8a3302f04eb4a5858.png

An if i have read/write access all then i have another error:

"It was not possible to execute the cron job via CLI. The following technical errors have appeared: - Your data directory is not writable. Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory"

Edited by Daver1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 4:00 AM, Kilrah said:

Performance tweaks

Using cache as appdata mountpoint

If you have an SSD cache and it is big enough to hold the appdata (up to about 2GB if you have the user data separate, depends on installed apps), it helps to set the Application data path to /mnt/cache/xxx instead of /mnt/user/xxx.

The template defaults to user for compatibility.

Using Redis

Using Redis for caching can improve browsing responsiveness pretty significantly.

I'm using the official container using the jj9987 template:

Install it, then add the following to your nextcloud config.php:

'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => 'server_ip',
    'port' => 6379,
    'password' => 'redis_password',
  ),

substituting IP / password as necessary.

Hello again,

I have tried to install redis (docker) as you have i believe..

I installed the same container as you did here and didnt change anything, I pasted the text above and inserted my server address "192.186.0.5" for example and made up a password "Password01" for example.

Nextcloud would not start....

I then added  "redis-server --requirepass password" to the docker 'post arguments' as per suggestions in the quoted forum for redis...

Would you mind giving me a tip? what am i missing here...?

So I ran into this when trying to access my instance today... and I can't make heads or tails on how to proceed.  Unfortunately I'm not very good at translating stuff from other nexcloud variants (aio, etc).  Trying to update via the unraid docker page shows everything is up to date.

Qe4cGPYHmn.thumb.png.9ffac87f6ce292dc9cee63c6bd0d6776.png

20 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Try

in unraid terminal, adjusting the container name if necessary

Should -u 33 be -u 99?  When I run it, I get this:

Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user id: 33
Owner id of config.php: 99

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

This container/template sets things as Nextcloud's default of 33, so you probably did something custom - but yes in your case.

Okay, I ran the command but now when I try to access I get this error:

Configuration was not read or initialized correctly, not overwriting /var/www/html/config/config.php

I tried changing permissions for everything in the /config folder to 777 but that does not work either.  I restored a backup that was made from the CA appdata backup utility and ran the upgrade command again.  After restarting the container, it appears the docker log is still complaining about user id 33.  I have not done anything custom that I am aware of that would make the current user id what it is (99)?

Initializing nextcloud 28.0.3.2 ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 28.0.2.5 ...
=> Searching for scripts (*.sh) to run, located in the folder: /docker-entrypoint-hooks.d/pre-upgrade
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user id: 33
Owner id of config.php: 99
Try adding 'sudo -u #99' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)

Edited by diehardbattery
4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What is set in the "show more" section of the Nextcloud template? Did you run "new permissions" on appdata?

No I haven't done anything other than run the command you provided earlier... When I Click show more there is nothing.  The arow moves up as if to show more info but there's nothing there:

kInADumE46.thumb.png.a3d2b922366f7bb9641d9ea58eeb6a8f.png

20 hours ago, Kilrah said:

I just have the password set in the redis template and refer to that in nextcloud config, nothing special.

image.thumb.png.d3264d90cb1ec35c6d0950f3e7acf390.png

image.png.67e1bbde63744b90e78cb7184fa25859.png

Interesting.. My Redis version does not have the same options as yours (i.e. Password) and i cant find bitnami/redis. where did you find this container?

Scratch the comment above.. I founf it by searching Bitnami and using the one that came up.

Im now going to try and follow instructions to on the below to install Chown............ gotta love the rabbit hole

Edited by Daver1

Nah im lost..... this is to far for me i think. 

After installing redis i lose access to NC, I'm assuming this is because redis wont run, and I assume that is because i need to run chown -R 1001:1001

Did you have to follow that step? if so can you explain how?

Posted (edited)

No, my redis appdata has a single file owned by 1001 and it did that in its own AFAIK, never had to fiddle with it. If you changed container you may need to delete the redis appdata folder.

image.png.72a671036ca66daf0bf7f0cd27b08d2a.png

Edited by Kilrah

2 steps forward 1 back...

I have redis running now but i am stuck in maintenance mode.

image.png.2cf6910375d26f5c00e427a4d98f4eab.pngimage.png.d4199be535c2fa4dff14ba9c75181151.png

After this redis would not run so I ran 

chown -R 1001:1001 /mnt/user/appdata/redis/

in the unraid terminal, now i have redis started but im stuck in maintenance mode...