Want to downgrade from 6.10.3 to 6.9.2 but its not an option in Update OS

7 hours ago, BigDanT said:

no DB issues so far, so fingers crossed that’s fixed my issues…..

my only concern now is am I stuck on 6.9.2 forever now

Since you did more than just downgrade, it's unclear if downgrading fixed anything. And we didn't get a chance to see if we could figure out what your problems were before you downgraded. Without more information, my guess is some file corruption not related to any specific version of Unraid.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Since you did more than just downgrade, it's unclear if downgrading fixed anything. And we didn't get a chance to see if we could figure out what your problems were before you downgraded. Without more information, my guess is some file corruption not related to any specific version of Unraid.

Yup, that wasn’t the problem.

I’m going to raise a proper big report.

I have the following containers all of which have experienced DB corruption since updating to 6.10.3:-

Plex

sonarr

radarr (multiple implementations)

tautulli

Setup:-

sonarr, radarr and. tautulli are all on a SSD 1tb cache drive (which has never gotten above 40% capacity)

Plex metadata (db) is all stored on a separate “unassigned device” SSD of 1tb (which is at about 35% capacity).

ALL of the separate DBS across all

these containers have become corrupt over a 3 month period before which they were all fine for 2 years on this system.

this issue has also been highlighted by other users on Reddit. (But only a few, myself included)

I repaired the DB’s and rolled back to 6.9.2 (that’s it) and knock on wood haven’t had any other corruptions so far, but it’s still

early days  

Edited by BigDanT
2 hours ago, redvers76 said:

You've also changed USB as part of this rollback. Is it possible the issue was actually the USB stick you were using?

(only way to be sure - upgrade to 6.10.3 again and see if it brings back the db corruptions!)

Good point, but I can’t understand how the usb that houses the unraid OS could cause the db issues as (from my understanding) the unraid OS is loaded and ran from the RAM not the USB.

Anyways I won’t be upgrading my unraid OS again (to test your theory) for awhile if everything’s running as it should… :)

I experienced the same issues BigDanT has. As soon as I upgraded to 6.10.3 i lost the dbs on sonarr and radarr.  I was no longer to delete files through emby. I solved that with running the permissions util but emby could no longer transcode. I eventually gave up after losing radarr's db again and rolled back to 6.9.2. Everything works again including transcoding.

15 hours ago, renhack said:

I experienced the same issues BigDanT has. As soon as I upgraded to 6.10.3 i lost the dbs on sonarr and radarr.  I was no longer to delete files through emby. I solved that with running the permissions util but emby could no longer transcode. I eventually gave up after losing radarr's db again and rolled back to 6.9.2. Everything works again including transcoding.

Glad it’s not just me then !!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That's not a general issue or there would be a lot of people complaining, did you ever create a bug report with the diagnostics after the problem occurs?

Obviously not, that would have been too easy :)

I don't think I'm the only one with this issue, however it might not be as wide spread as a general bug.

I had hoped someone else would have raised a ticket, I guess I'll have to upgrade to the new stable release and see what happens and then downgrade again if it craps out (But this time get the logs)