Airvideo unMenu package

i hope i'm not sounding too naive here, but after installing unMenu, then the AirVideo package (had to do it twice, because i didn't install gcc first), and finally hitting the "Start AirVideo" i am lost...how do i point at a particular share or directory for the server to know where my movies are? and once i have that, how do i look-at/view the videos? do i use VLC or what?

um, after installing the package you do not need to use the script to start it.  Airvideo has an iPad and iPhone app that you use to view the content.  I have no idea why you need to install this if you just wanted to watch content on your local computer.  just use VLC to play the files in that case.

could someone please take a few minutes and enlighten me about what to do once the AirVideo package is running (how to test it, how to add directories, and how to view them on a computer and on an iPad/iPhone)?

Once it is running you need to use the app on your iPhone or iPad.  There are variables you need to change in the package so that Air Video server knows where to find your content.

oh, and how do i make sure that the AirVideo package will start *every time* after rebooting? (without first having to go into unMenu User Scripts)

If you set airvideo to install on a reboot then you should be good to go when you restart the server.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the reply, pro!

of course i am trying to view on my iPhone and iPad...i was referring to VLC on my iPhone/iPad, which also does an amazing job of doing live-conversion, but the VLC Streamer Helper can only be run from my desktop, which is why i asked whether it (VLC Streamer Helper) could be adapted to the unRAID server via the Linux implementation i linked to...sorry for the misunderstanding.

so i found the lines in the config script you must be referring to:

PACKAGE_VARIABLE password||vPassword=12345||Enter the password used to connect to the Airvideo Server

PACKAGE_VARIABLE folders||vFolders=Anime:/mnt/user/Anime,Movies:/mnt/user/Movies||Enter the list of folders you would like to be visible.  Note the format of the line and make sure to replicate it exactly for your sources

PACKAGE_VARIABLE Temp Directory||vTMPDIR=/boot/packages/compile_temp_dir||This directory location will be used by the compiler for temporary files.  If you have over 1Gig of RAM you can probably use /var/tmp.  If you have less memory, use /boot/packages/compile_temp_dir

thanks for pointing that out...now i have to figure out how i can share out just the Movies and Music folders on my unRAID as individual shares, so that i can keep them all in one virtual place.

thanks for the reply, pro!

of course i am trying to view on my iPhone and iPad...i was referring to VLC on my iPhone/iPad, which also does an amazing job of doing live-conversion, but the VLC Streamer Helper can only be run from my desktop, which is why i asked whether it (VLC Streamer Helper) could be adapted to the unRAID server via the Linux implementation i linked to...sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ah, I see what you mean now.  I have a bookmark set for it but have not looked into getting VLC running on unRAID.

so i found the lines in the config script you must be referring to:

PACKAGE_VARIABLE password||vPassword=12345||Enter the password used to connect to the Airvideo Server

PACKAGE_VARIABLE folders||vFolders=Anime:/mnt/user/Anime,Movies:/mnt/user/Movies||Enter the list of folders you would like to be visible.  Note the format of the line and make sure to replicate it exactly for your sources

PACKAGE_VARIABLE Temp Directory||vTMPDIR=/boot/packages/compile_temp_dir||This directory location will be used by the compiler for temporary files.  If you have over 1Gig of RAM you can probably use /var/tmp.  If you have less memory, use /boot/packages/compile_temp_dir

Those variables can be set via the GUI were you installed the package.  So that you don't have to go into the .conf file or anything else.

thanks for pointing that out...now i have to figure out how i can share out just the Movies and Music folders on my unRAID as individual shares, so that i can keep them all in one virtual place.

Just follow the examples given and read back through this thread for an idea of what needs to go in there.

OK, new .conf file for Air Video attached to the first post.

I have also attached a new java jre package to the first post, though if anyone has used the previous airvideo-unmenu-package.conf file then the jre-unmenu-package.conf file will not really be needed.

it worked for me yesterday, but after updating the config files from the top of your post, and going through the steps, i ended up with this scenario, which i cannot recover from at the moment (or i don't know how to)...

after installing the new package, i get:

AirVideo

Installed, but version is different.

Current version='2.2.5-alpha4' expected '2.4.5-beta6'

then, to the right of that, i get an "Install AirVideoServerLinux.jar" button, and after hitting that (tried it in both Safari and Firefox - MacOSX 10.6.8), i keep getting a white page back that only says in the upper left:

e

</BODY></HTML>

anyone knows what i did incorrectly?

it worked for me yesterday, but after updating the config files from the top of your post, and going through the steps, i ended up with this scenario, which i cannot recover from at the moment (or i don't know how to)...

AirVideo

then, to the right of that, i get an "Install AirVideoServerLinux.jar" button, and after hitting that (tried it in both Safari and Firefox - MacOSX 10.6.8), i keep getting a white page back that only says in the upper left:

It appears that the old version of ffmpeg got installed.  I have tried to work around this happening but it appears that on some systems it is not working quite correctly.  Let me do some more looking and thinking on the subject

e

</BODY></HTML>

anyone knows what i did incorrectly?

Not quite sure what is happening there.  Will see if I can reproduce the problem.

NOTE: Newest version of the airvideo-unmenu-package.conf and jre-unmenu-package.conf have been added to the main unMenu distribution.  PLEASE DO A CHECK FOR UPDATES AND INSTALL THE NEWEST FILES.

AirVideo

It appears that the old version of ffmpeg got installed.  I have tried to work around this happening but it appears that on some systems it is not working quite correctly.  Let me do some more looking and thinking on the subject

NOTE: Newest version of the airvideo-unmenu-package.conf and jre-unmenu-package.conf have been added to the main unMenu distribution.  PLEASE DO A CHECK FOR UPDATES AND INSTALL THE NEWEST FILES.

I have same issue...and newest updates do not seem to resolve this.  Any ideas? Should I manually delete the ffmpeg package and then try again?

Thanks for all your hard work on this prostuff

AirVideo

I have same issue...and newest updates do not seem to resolve this.  Any ideas? Should I manually delete the ffmpeg package and then try again?

Thanks for all your hard work on this prostuff

The best way around this for now is to delete the ffmpeg-for-2.2.5.tar.bz2 file from the packages folder on the flash drive.

I will look into this when I get a chance, but it might be a few days.

The best way around this for now is to delete the ffmpeg-for-2.2.5.tar.bz2 file from the packages folder on the flash drive.

Did this, still no luck.  Get the same blank after selecting install.

Did this, still no luck.  Get the same blank after selecting install.

run these commands from the command prompt or through a telnet session

rm /var/log/airvideo
rm ffmpeg-for-2.2.5.tar.bz2

That should allow you to reinstall the package.  If it continues to not work please go back a few pages to find the commands I asked for and post the output of all of them.

Probably a stupid question..i tried looking all over for the answer and couldnt find it. but i just installed air video to stream to my iphone and i want to change the directory. i see the format for thats default is Anime:/mnt/user/Anime etc... and for a single disk would be Name:/mnt/diskX/Folder...but how do i do a shared folder thats across multiple disks? thanks (= btw using unmenu.awk: Version 1.4 Revision: 223 with unraid 5.0beta6a

i posted this in another thread here is original link if wanted...http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13871.0

Probably a stupid question..i tried looking all over for the answer and couldnt find it. but i just installed air video to stream to my iphone and i want to change the directory. i see the format for thats default is Anime:/mnt/user/Anime etc... and for a single disk would be Name:/mnt/diskX/Folder...but how do i do a shared folder thats across multiple disks? thanks (= btw using unmenu.awk: Version 1.4 Revision: 223 with unraid 5.0beta6a

i posted this in another thread here is original link if wanted...http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13871.0

Anime:/mnt/user/Anime is a share that spans multiple disks.  Anything under /mnt/user/ is a User Share that could possibly span multiple disks.

putting the share folders aside for now i put a static ipaddress through web gui and i can no longer access the server through airvideo. it works normally through windows and can get on web gui still and all that just not air video. before the static ip i was able to at least connect to it. i re did the airvideo with the correct static ip address any suggestions? thanks

putting the share folders aside for now i put a static ipaddress through web gui and i can no longer access the server through airvideo. it works normally through windows and can get on web gui still and all that just not air video. before the static ip i was able to at least connect to it. i re did the airvideo with the correct static ip address any suggestions? thanks

Not sure what to tell you about that.  All my servers have static IP's ad they work just fine.

You may need to reboot your router and PC.  They probably have the old IP address cached.

thanks for the info Joe that may or may not have fixed my problem. i noticed it said air video wasnt installed also said so with istat. perhaps because i rebooted. so i selected reinstall on reboot? so either way i am connected to air video so thank you!

back to my original problem trying to connect to my share rather than individual disk...i adjusted "Anime:/mnt/user/Anime" to "Movies:/mnt/user/My Movies" and it did change the title from Anime to Movies but still nothing within that folder?

thanks for the info Joe that may or may not have fixed my problem. i noticed it said air video wasnt installed also said so with istat. perhaps because i rebooted. so i selected reinstall on reboot? so either way i am connected to air video so thank you!

back to my original problem trying to connect to my share rather than individual disk...i adjusted "Anime:/mnt/user/Anime" to "Movies:/mnt/user/My Movies" and it did change the title from Anime to Movies but still nothing within that folder?

Is the name of your User Share "My Movies"?  If so, then I am not sure what might be causing the problem.  I will test tomorrow with a user share with a space in the name.

yes sir its My Movies capital M on both. thank you!

Not quite sure what the issue is with you install.  I just tested out with a User Share and it is working properly for me.

For example my folder string was: 07 Ghost:/mnt/user/07 Ghost and it worked perfectly fine for me.

I have a post a couple pages back that has some commands that would be great for you to run and then post the output here.  It will let me know if anything is amiss with the install.

hey pro thanks i went back and looked at some of the stuff u had posted previously...looked at test.properties and found out that "Movies:/mnt/user/My Movies" had a different path from when i was trying different things. even tho i was updating it in unmenu it wasnt actually updating that file. now everything seems to be all good..thanks again!

hey pro thanks i went back and looked at some of the stuff u had posted previously...looked at test.properties and found out that "Movies:/mnt/user/My Movies" had a different path from when i was trying different things. even tho i was updating it in unmenu it wasnt actually updating that file. now everything seems to be all good..thanks again!

Glad you got it working and thanks for letting me know.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I was playing with this last night and i alsmost got everything working except something strange going on.

I installed it all from the unmenu package and it all seems to install ok except there was a part that said KILL 5642... some numbers in red just after it installs the git.... something apologies for not being clear.  HOwever when i install the air video package on my iphone and connect to the server i have to type in the server IP as apposed to the name for some reason but thats not a biggie.  I have 2 shares like below in the conf

Movies:/mnt/disk1/movies,TVShows:/mnt/disk1/TVShows

this is the interesting bit the TV shows seems to work absolutey perfect they come up and i can watch them and everything.  However it just wont pick up my movies for some reason, i have checked the path and everything twice over but still no joy.  Any ideas why this could be happening?  could it be a permissions thing?

I did once have a strange problem with this folder once before and i have to change permissions

I'm having the same problem as Queball where a live conversion will start and then stop immediately. This same behavior occurs on iPad 1, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch (4th gen).

I also have a Mac running Mac AirVideo Client. Mac AirVideo Client will play the video files directly without converting, but when I try a live conversion Quicktime launches and displays the error "The operation could not be completed."

ffmpeg 2.4.5 beta 6 is installed.

I've tried stopping and starting AirVideo and I've tried removing and reinstalling the packages.

I've got SABnzbd, CouchPotato and SickBeard installed but have killed them and the problem persists.

I have a Core i5 660 with 4GB of RAM installed so that shouldn't be the problem.

I've tried everything I can think of including killing all nonessential processes.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!