New set up what are must have apps

robti

If you're asking about plugins...

Here's a limited list of the commonly recommended ones, that I find to be the most useful in my setup:

• Community Applications (CA): the plugin you will need because it allows you to search for and install other plugins, docker templates (might already be included in newer versions).
  • CA Backup / Restore Appdata: Docker templates and the running containers store their configuration in the Appdata folder, you need to back this up or any failure to the drive that stores them will let you start from scratch with docker containers. This can also backup your Flash drive.
  • CA Auto Update.
  • CA Tips and Tweaks: Allows you to adjust some NIC parameters, disk caching, and other tweaks.
  • CA Cleanup Appdata: Cleans up Appdata for Containers you no longer have.
  • CA Mover Tuning: Let's you customize mover.
  • CA Auto Turbo Write Mode: Lets unraid change the write mode, can help with performance.
  • Disklocation: You can add your drives in an easier representation and visualization of where the drives are located. Pretty handy on finding where you need to pull the drive (especially for hot-swap).
  • Fix Common Problems: Self-explanatory.
  • CoreFreq: Gives some useful stats and info for x86_64 processors.
  • Intel GPU Top: Nice if you have intel igpu and use it for transcoding.
  • Open Files: Shows files that are open, useful for troubleshooting why the array may not be stopping.
  • Preclear Disks: Not really necessary because Unraid does this itself but can identify dead drives before you add them to the array.
  • Dynamix File Integrity: Find files that have changed since the last scan that could be corrupted. This could come in handy to identify what files could be affected when you have parity errors.
  • Dynamix Active Streams: Shows real-time open SMB, NFS or Plex Connections.
  • Dynamix Date Time: Adds interactive map to the date time settings.
  • Dynamix File Integrity: Find files that have changed since the last scan that could be corrupted. This could come in handy to identify what files could be affected when you have parity errors.
  • Dynamix File Manager: New for 6.10, adds a webui file manager.
  • Dynamix System Info: Shows additional information about your system hardware in the Dashboard.
Edited by Lolight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks atm all I have is the community application plug in and from that I installed plex and home assistant and that is all I have, I will have a read up on the others you have mentioned, I just wanted to have the essentials added and have the system running smoothly before I try anything else.

There's a good Spaceinvader One you tube video from a few years ago that I found excellent in walking me through grabbing the essential apps and plugins - though the video is old the vast majority of those recommendations (I actually can't think of an exception) are still good. IOW don't be put off my the age of those videos

This is part one - with 2 and 3 also worth watching :)

• Like 1