Unraid 6.9.2 Drives becoming disabled after installation of new SAS Card

Corgex
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I recently replaced my Sata controller with an LSI SAS 9211-8i that I flashed into IT mode. I have been having drives become disabled since. 

I am able to complete a rebuild only to have it become disabled again once I begin using the server.

I am hoping someone can review the diagnostics from my most recent disabled drive and point me in the right direction.

SPECS: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h, i5 3570k 3.5ghz, 16mb ram, LSI-9211-8i, Aquantia 10gb NIC, 6 samsung 860evo, 9 WD120 and WD100EFAX

corgicloud-diagnostics-20220902-1818.zip

I don't think I have a disk8. Here is a screenshot of the array. Currently my disk 7 is the disabled one. Previously disk 6 (JEKA2ESN) also became disabled and need a rebuild. This is the second time for disk 7

All the disks are connected to power supply with sata power connectors. I'm running a Corsair 750i

Screenshot 2022-09-07 190629.jpg

Syslog resets on reboot, so nothing in diagnostics to show what happened before that.

Looks like disk7 was having connection problems during rebuild Aug 30-31. 

But parity check Aug 31 - Sep 1 seemed to go OK.

Then continuous connection problems on disk7 Sep 2

Nothing in those diagnostics since Sep 2. Did you shutdown after getting those diagnostics, or did you just post diagnostics that were several days old?

• Like 1
On 9/8/2022 at 1:24 AM, JorgeB said:

Check/replace cables on disk7, both power and SATA to see if those ATA errors go away, disk looks OK.

The first rebuild I tried on Wednesday night failed. Replaced the SATA data and power then everything went ok. Did some downloading and ran the mover without issue. 

Thanks for taking the time to confirm the SAS card wasn't causing all these new problems.

• Like 1