Crashes about once every 1-2 weeks, any suggestions

mikesp18

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If you don't use the iGPU block it from loading the driver, it could be this issue:

Thank you for the reply. You have been very helpful to me on many occasions, and I wanted to make sure to express my appreciation.  With regard to the "iGPU block it from loading", you could explain a little futher.  I see 2 comments in that linked thread.

commenting out the "# modprobe i915" line go file
recreated i915.conf with the 'touch' method
From the terminal type 'touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf'

I then see many more comments about blacklisting the i915

“blacklist i915” should be the content of that file 

I will admit I find that thread confusing.  I think you referenced that thread for me once before, and I'll admit (shamefully) that I gave up reading it.  It is many pages and gets confusing and little contradictory.  I wish there was a summary on the first page.

Could you confirm for me that the GO file should have no reference to the i915 (or # commented out) and that the i915.conf should be created with the content "blacklist i915"?  Also, the thread makes numerous reference to the intel-gpu-top, but I don't believe this is something I ever installed.

Now just have to wait 11 more hours to complete the 33 hour parity check, then I can reset :(

Edited by mikesp18