Multiple failed disks

tucansam

One last question before I begin.  Should I do this with the "new" Disk 15, and then mount the old drive with unassigned devices or on another system for restore, or should I put the old Disk 15 in, run New Config, and when everything is back up, replace it with its replacement disk as originally planned?

6 hours ago, tucansam said:

There are several (four) disks under "Historical Devices."  I have never seen that before.

This is part of the Unassigned Devices plugin. It would show drives that were connected to UD and are not anymore.

You can remove this panel (or any UD panel) with the toggle on the top right of the plugin section.

image.thumb.png.dc17691fe1b339617fa48eea9453fb18.png

Via USB, unraid sees the disk, but "Mount" is not an option.  Only "Format" is an option.

All disks in the array are XFS, encrypted, if that matters.

I can take other disks (FAT32 etc) and they appear and can be mounted just fine.

But my old Disk 15 can only be "formatted" according to Unassigned Devices.

Edited by tucansam

Encrypted with the same key as everything else in the array, yes.

Syslog does have this:

Oct  9 09:00:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:00:06 ffs2 kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sdy1, logical block 44, async page read
Oct  9 09:00:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: Failed to read vcn 0x0: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:05:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:05:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: Failed to read vcn 0x0: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:05:06 ffs2 kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sdy1, logical block 44, async page read
Oct  9 09:10:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:10:06 ffs2 ntfs-3g[30186]: Failed to read vcn 0x0: Input/output error
Oct  9 09:10:06 ffs2 kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sdy1, logical block 44, async page read

Although I have no idea what "sdy1" is, as the old disk comes up under UD as "sdz"