KASM Docker help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I actually went to linuxserver.io channel, they said to come here, then when I mentioned what was said to come back here, they made mention to using the #other-support where no one else responded.

Just wanted to provide a small update. I still do not have this working. Some kind soul took pity on me and as a test found that he too was having the same issue BUT he was able to resolve his issue, I tried his fix and this did not fix my issue.

I tried the reset pass method that someone else pointed to with no effect. I was told the issue was the fact that some of the dockers in the container were resetting all of the time, right now the kasm.api docker is resetting 1 time a min.

I tried to redeploy using /mnt/user/appdata/kasmdata path, then was told that was a fuse mount issue to try /mnt/cache/appdata/kasmdata, this also did not work.

I tried to deploy using /mnt/disk2/kasm, same behavior

I tried PUID 99 and PGUID 100, same behavior

In all cases the kasm.api docker keeps resetting

Executing /usr/bin/kasm_server.so
Received config /opt/kasm/current/conf/app/api.app.config.yaml
Using parameters --enable-admin-api --enable-client-api --enable-public-api
cheroot/__init__.py:13: UserWarning: Module cheroot was already imported from /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/cheroot/__init__.pyc, but /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/cheroot-8.6.0-py3.8.egg is being added to sys.path
cheroot/__init__.py:13: UserWarning: Module more_itertools was already imported from /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/more_itertools/__init__.pyc, but /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/more_itertools-8.12.0-py3.8.egg is being added to sys.path
cherrypy/__init__.py:112: UserWarning: Module cherrypy was already imported from /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/cherrypy/__init__.pyc, but /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/CherryPy-18.1.1-py3.8.egg is being added to sys.path
cherrypy/__init__.py:112: UserWarning: Module portend was already imported from /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/portend.pyc, but /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/portend-2.6-py3.8.egg is being added to sys.path
cherrypy/__init__.py:112: UserWarning: Module tempora was already imported from /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/tempora/__init__.pyc, but /tmp/_MEIjFKZpX/tempora-5.0.1-py3.8.egg is being added to sys.path
2022-10-28 13:00:48,054 [INFO] root: Performing Database Connectivity Test
2022-10-28 13:00:48,578 [INFO] root: Added Log Handler
2022-10-28 13:00:53,442 [INFO] admin_api_server: AdminApi initialized
2022-10-28 13:00:53,500 [DEBUG] admin_api_server: Provider Manager Initialized
2022-10-28 13:00:53,525 [DEBUG] client_api_server: Provider Manager Initialized
Terminated

In each case I get login failed and can never access kasm. I cannot get any help from anyone so I have lost hope.

I don't have anything special on my unraid, its almost default except with some addons for the gui, it is running 6.10.0 though as I cannot get the latest version to actually run correctly, so I rolled it back to this version.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, enngineer said:

You can reset [email protected] password to default one as described here:
https://kasmweb.com/docs/latest/how_to/admin_account_recovery.html

I tried and it worked. 

BUT if you copy/paste the psql shell commands described in 2. you have to add a space right before  '[email protected]' in order not to receive a syntax error message.

I tried this, it did not work for me. Sadly.

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 6:16 AM, arch1mede said:

I tried this, it did not work for me. Sadly.

Is your install wizard completeing after you launch the container and choose which apps you want to install? When i choose more than a couple apps, mine is hanging and not finishing. I tested with just doing one or two apps and watched the progress in the container, and one of the last steps is provisioning the user accounts. So if the install wizard is not completing, the admin and user accounts will not get provisioned.

I am looking for how to troubleshoot why my installation wizard is not finishing, and i came across your post so it thought I'd chime in

• Like 1